South Africa vs India, 1st Test, Day 1 Highlights: India End Day 1 At 272/3 After KL Rahul's Unbeaten Century
South Africa vs India, 1st Test, Highlights: At stumps on Day 1 of the first Test between India and South Africa, the visiting side has 272 runs on the board for the loss of 3 wickets at the SuperSport Park in Centurion.
South Africa vs India, 1st Test, Day 1 Highlights: At stumps on Day 1 of the first Test between India and South Africa, the visiting side has 272 runs on the board for the loss of 3 wickets at the SuperSport Park in Centurion. KL Rahul (122 not out) headlined the opening day of the Boxing Day Test with his seventh Test century, the first in South Africa. Rahul is only the second Indian opener to score a hundred in South Africa after Wasim Jaffer in 2006/07 and he now also holds the record of the highest score by an Indian opener in South Africa. The opener is still unbeaten and playing along with Ajinkya Rahane. So far, Rahul and Rahane (40 not out) have added 73 runs for the fourth wicket. Earlier, Rahul also added 82 runs with skipper Virat Kohli (35) for the third wicket and stitched to a 117-run opening partnership with Mayank Agarwal (60). The 117-run opening partnership between Rahul and Mayank is only the third 100-plus stand by an Indian pair for the first wicket in South Africa. For South Africa, pacer Lungi Ngidi is the only successful bowler for his team till now, as he has broken the Indian batting backbone with his three top-order wickets. Ngidi dismissed Mayank Agarwal and Cheteshwar Pujara (0) on consecutive balls later removed Virat Kohli on a brilliant outswinger. (SCORECARD)
South Africa XI: Dean Elgar (Capt.), Aiden Markram, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock (wk), Wiaan Mulder, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi
India Playing XI: Virat Kohli (Capt), KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj
Here are the Highlights of South Africa vs India 1st Test Match Day 1 Straight From the SuperSport Park in Centurion
- 20:56 (IST)Stumps Day 1: KL Rahul Puts India On Top!
So, here's stumps on Day 1 of the Boxing Day Test between India and South Africa. India are in a commanding position as they are at 272/3. Stand-in vice-captain KL Rahul has managed to ensure that his team has won the day with his terrific Test ton. South Africa have not bowled well on Day 1 as they picked only three wickets and that too by one bowler.
SA vs IND Live Score: India 272/3 at Stumps on Day 1
- 20:46 (IST)Rahul Becomes Highest Run-Scorer As An Indian Opener In South Africa!KL Rahul now holds the record of the highest score by an Indian opener in South Africa, second best is Wasim Jaffer's 116 in 2006/07 tour. Rahul has added four more runs to that with the last boundary against Keshav Mahraj to square of the wicket. South Africa haven't well even after they took the second new ball.SA vs IND Live Score: India 272/3
- 20:15 (IST)India Score Goes Past 250!Rahane has played another glourious shot to backward point for a boundary. The Indian total is over 250 now. This is the best time for Rahane to regain his form as he has got a brilliant start in the first Test. The partnership is also 51 now.SA vs IND Live Score: India 251/3
- 20:10 (IST)Rahul At His Best!Rahul is only the second Indian opener to score a Test ton in South Africa. Wasim Jaffer is the other opener from India who scored a Test century in 2006/07 series in South Africa. This was the seventh Test hundred for the opener since his debut in 2014. Out of his 7 Test tons, 6 came in away tours.SA vs IND Live Score: India 245/3
- 20:03 (IST)Rahul Scores Hundred In Boxing Day Test!Maharaj to Rahul, he goes for a boundary and here's it is a Boxing Day Test hundred from the Indian opener. He has played 218 balls to reach here and has been top-class till now right from his temperament to shot selection. This is his second Test hundred this year since his return to the side after two years.SA vs IND Live Score: India 237/3
- 19:23 (IST)200 Comes Up For India!Ngidi to Rahane, FOUR to cover region. It was just a kind of a shot that gives a batsman confidence. India need to keep the score board kicking to maintain the momentum and let's not forget last time when Rahane played Boxing Day Test, he scored a hundred against Australia in Melbourne.200 comes up for India.SA vs IND Live Score: India 203/3
- 19:19 (IST)Kohli Falls, Ngidi Takes 3rd Wicket!Virat Kohli falls!! Ngidi has removed the Indian captain after setting him up with a maiden over and top-class line. Virat will walk back to the pavilion at his personal score of 35 and once again he has failed to score big that everyone's waiting for two years.Kohli c Mulder b Ngidi 35(94) (4s-4)SA vs IND Live Score: India 199/3
- 18:55 (IST)
- 18:36 (IST)Action Begins In Final Session On Day 1!Action begins in the third and final session on Day 1, Kohli and Rahul will look to extend India's control in the match while South Africa will try to get more wickets. Keshav Mahraj will bowl the first over of post-Tea session.SA vs IND Live Score: India 157/2
- 18:16 (IST)Tea Day 1: India Still In Command!
So, it's Tea on Day 1 of the first Test between India and South Africa. KL Rahul and Virat Kohli are rebuilding the Indian innings and have added 40 runs for the third wicket till now.
Two wickets for South Africa in this session and both were taken by Lungi Ngidi.
KL Rahul- 68 not out
Virat Kohli- 19 not out
SA vs IND Live Score: India 157/2
- 17:31 (IST)Pujara's Poor Form Continues!Cheteshwar Pujara has been struggling with his form and today he was dismissed on a golden duck by Lungi Ngidi. Pujara form is the matter of concern for the team management. This was also his second golden duck in Test cricket and both came against South Africa.Pujara's golden duck in Test cricketvs South Africa Centurion 2017/18 (runout by Ngidi)vs South Africa Centurion 2021/22 (dismissed by Ngidi)SA vs IND Live Score: India 129/2
- 17:06 (IST)Ngidi Removes Mayank!Ngidi to Mayank, there was an appeal for LBW but umpire turned it down. South Africa reviewed the decision and they got Mayank out as the ball was hitting the wickets.Ngidi has given the first breakthrough to South Africa as India lose Mayank Agarwal.Mayank lbw b Ngidi 60(123) (4s-9)SA vs IND Live Score: India 117/1
- 16:44 (IST)
- 16:12 (IST)Action Begins In Second Session!Action begins in the second session, Kagiso Rabada will bowl the first over. KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal looked comfortable against the South Africa pacers in the pre-Lunch session and they will look to continue that in the second session as well.SA vs IND Live Score: India 83/0