Russian F1 promoters reach agreement with Automobile Federation

Updated: 05 August 2013 14:53 IST

Earlier, the RAF official site announced that next year's inaugural Russian Formula One Grand Prix in Sochi has been thrown into doubt over a dispute between the Russian Automobile ruling body and the race's promoters.

Russian F1 promoters reach agreement with Automobile Federation
©

Moscow:

The promoters of the Russian Grand Prix said on Monday that they have managed to resolve their contradictions with the Russian Automobile Federation (RAF) concerning the staging of the next year's event.

"We just couldn't miss the chance to reach an agreement," the Omega Center company (promoters) general manager Oleg Zabara was quoted as saying by Sport Express daily. "We are really interested in a good partnership with the RAF for years."

"We're set to sign an official contract with RAF this week before sending an application to stage the 2014 race to the F1's ruling body, the FIA. We've already reached the agreement, which we now need to formalize."

Meanwhile, the country's autosport ruling body has issued no comments on Zabara's statement so far.

Last week the RAF official site announced that next year's inaugural Russian Formula One Grand Prix in Sochi has been thrown into doubt over a dispute between the Russian Automobile ruling body and the race's promoters.

The federation said that as a result of the row they had missed the deadline to submit their application to stage the 2014 race with FIA, adding that the Sochi GP's only chance of making next year's calendar was for the RAF to persuade the FIA there was an important reason for missing the cut off point.

Last month, Sochi promoters announced October 19, 2014, as the proposed date for their first race to be staged at the venue set to host the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.

Topics : McLaren Michael Schumacher Olympics 2012 Karun Chandhok Austrian Grand Prix Bahrain Grand Prix Indian Grand Prix Russian Grand Prix Formula 1
Related Articles
McLaren's Fernando Alonso to Miss Monaco GP For Indy 500
McLaren's Fernando Alonso to Miss Monaco GP For Indy 500
Mercedes Consider Replacing Nico Rosberg With Fernando Alonso
Mercedes Consider Replacing Nico Rosberg With Fernando Alonso
Felipe Massa, Jenson Button Make Proud Exits From Formula 1
Felipe Massa, Jenson Button Make Proud Exits From Formula 1
Show Comments
Advertisement