Tiger Woods Withdraws From The Open
The 40-year-old Tiger Woods, who has 14 Major championships - including three Opens - under his belt, said last weekend that he might not return to competitive golf this year.
Tiger Woods has withdrawn from The Open, to be held in July
He is a 14-time Major championship winner
He also had three Open victories under his belt
Ailing US golfing legend Tiger Woods withdrew from The Open at Royal Troon on Friday as he continues to recover from back surgery he underwent last year.
The 40-year-old 14-time major champion -- which includes three Opens -- said last weekend he might not return to competitive golf this year.
"Tiger Woods has withdrawn from The Open and is replaced by Marcus Fraser of Australia," said a statement from the Open organisers the R&A.
Woods, who has one definite golfing date as he is a vice-captain at this year's Ryder Cup, said last Sunday he was working hard to get back but a definitive date for his return was not fixed.
"I would like to say next week, but I can't," said Woods, who hasn't played since last August.
"It's not fun. It's a tough road. I know I'm getting better. I'm progressing, but still I'm just not quite ready to be out here."