Fernando Alonso Denies Deal With McLaren, Remains Undecided

Updated: 07 November 2014 08:09 IST

Two-time F1 champion Fernando Alonso's contract with Ferrari ends at the end of year. He has been with the Italian team since 2010.

Fernando Alonso Denies Deal With McLaren, Remains Undecided
File photo of Fernando Alonso. © AP

Mexico City:

Fernando Alonso says he has not signed with McLaren for next season and remains undecided about his future in Formula One.

The two-time world champion says he is still "considering what's the best decision" for his career and "nothing has been decided" so far even though he already has "an idea" of what he wants to do.

Alonso's contract with Ferrari ends at the end of year. He has been with the Italian team since 2010.

The 33-year-old Spaniard is sixth in the drivers' standings this season, 167 points behind leader Lewis Hamilton.

Alonso made his comments in Mexico on Wednesday before traveling to Sao Paulo for this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix, the next-to-last race in this year's F1 season.



Topics : Fernando Alonso McLaren Ferrari Formula 1
Related Articles
Jenson Button Prepares For 'Last Race' of Formula One Career
Jenson Button Prepares For 'Last Race' of Formula One Career
Italian GP: Lewis Hamilton Bounces Back In Second Free Practice In Monza
Italian GP: Lewis Hamilton Bounces Back In Second Free Practice In Monza
Italian GP: Nico Rosberg Tops Monza Opening Practice
Italian GP: Nico Rosberg Tops Monza Opening Practice
Show Comments
Advertisement