Two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho has vowed to "give everything he has" to re-establish his place in Brazil's national football team.
Ronaldinho was recalled to Brazil's squad Tuesday by new coach Luiz Felipe Scolari for next month's international friendly against England at Wembley Stadium in London, reports Xinhua.
It comes after an impressive 2012 season for Brazilian top-flight outfit Atletico Mineiro in which the 32-year-old scored nine goals and had 14 assists from 33 matches.
In a press conference to reveal the squad in Rio, Scolari challenged Ronaldinho to put his off-field controversies aside with a renewed focus on discipline and hard work.
"What I can say is that I will give everything I have to respond to what Felipao asks of me," Ronaldinho told media at Atletico's Belo Horizonte training base Tuesday.
"I'm so happy to be back in the national team especially now when we are so close to the World Cup. I want to thank everybody at Atletico Mineiro, from the coaching staff to the people who work in the kitchen and especially the fans."
Ronaldinho's career appeared in tatters in June last year after he quit Flamengo and sued the club for unpaid wages.
The Rio de Janeiro outfit responded by alleging the attacking midfielder had breached the terms of his contract by arriving to training under the influence of alcohol and sneaking a female friend into the team's hotel. Ronaldinho has denied the claims.
He says he owes his return to form to the faith shown by Atletico, which signed him just days after his ignominious Flamengo exit.
"Everything that happened to me last year was very important, it made me happy and it was reflected in the way I played," Ronaldinho said.
Ronaldinho is the only player in the squad to have played in Brazil's 2002 World Cup winning team during Scolari's first spell as national coach.