Robert Lewandowski's appeal against domestic ban rejected

Updated: 20 February 2013 12:51 IST

Dortmund striker Lewandowski has had his three-match suspension for a red card against Hamburg upheld, but the club has one week to appeal the sanction.

London:

Borussia Dortmund's appeal against striker Robert Lewandowski's three-match suspension has been rejected by the German football federation's sports tribunal.

The 24-year-old Polish was originally ruled after he fouled on Per Ciljan Skjelbred and was sent off in the first half of Dortmund's 1-4 defeat to SV Hamburg earlier this month, reports Xinhua.

A hearing was held for Dortmund's appeal Tuesday and the ruling was confirmed. The club can appeal within a week.

Topics : Football Borussia Dortmund Middlesbrough Manchester City Robert Lewandowski
Related Articles
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Show Comments
Advertisement