Barcelona to appeal against ban on Busquets

Updated: 10 October 2012 19:41 IST

Barcelona announced on Wednesday that they are to appeal against the two-match suspension given to midfielder Sergio Busquets following his red card in Barca's 2-0 win at Benfica in the Champions League last week.

Madrid:

Barcelona announced on Wednesday that they are to appeal against the two-match suspension given to midfielder Sergio Busquets following his red card in Barca's 2-0 win at Benfica in the Champions League last week.

"FC Barcelona decided to file an appeal on Thursday against the UEFA disciplinary commission's decision to suspend Sergio Busquets for two matches after his explusion during the second round of group matches in the Champions League," the Catalan club explained on their website.

If the ban is not overturned, the Spain international will miss Barca's double-header against Scottish champions Celtic on October 23 and November 7.

Topics : Football Benfica Barcelona
Related Articles
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Show Comments
Advertisement