Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti admitted he did not fear the sack on Friday as he prepared for what could well be his final match in charge against Everton on Sunday.
Ancelotti's position at Stamford Bridge has come under intense scrutiny after a trophy-less campaign which included the club's worst run of league form in almost 15 years.
The Italian manager, who led Chelsea to the double in his first year in charge, revealed that a meeting with senior club officials to review the season would be scheduled for next week.
Ancelotti insisted however that he would accept his fate if Chelsea decided to seek a new manager.
"The club have to judge my job - be objective," he said. "If they decide to change, it's not a problem."
"You won't see me crying or doing something. I will accept the decision of the club and find another 'solution'."
Nevertheless Ancelotti acknowledged he had never expected himself to be clinging on to his job at this stage 12 months ago, when he had won plaudits after a successful debut season in England.
"No, but this is football," he said. "I'm not surprised about this."
"When I started my experience here in England, if someone had told me that we would win the FA Cup and the Premier League in two years, I'd have been happy."
"In these two years, I have to be happy because the team, last year, was fantastic."
"This year was not so good. But we can learn from this experience to do better next season."