England vs Pakistan 2nd Test Highlights: Pakistan Reach 223/9 As Bad Light Forces Early Stumps On Day 2
ENG vs PAK 2nd Test: Stuart Broad struck early after tea to break Mohammad Abbas' resistance, before bad light forced early stumps on Day 2 of the second test in Southampton on Friday.
Stuart Broad struck early in the final session to break Mohammad Abbas' resistance, before bad light forced early stumps with Pakistan finishing day 2 on 223/98 in Southampton on Friday. Wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan scored a gritty half-century (60 not out) helping his get past 200-mark on a day when conditions favoured the fast bowlers immensely. Earlier, the start of play was delayed for one-and-a-half hour -- first due to rain and then with wet outfield. Pakistan's two overnight batsmen Babar and Rizwan played with great caution and survived challenging conditions to reach the lunch unscathed, adding 29 runs to their total. Anderson and co. failed to make most of the overcast conditions in the first session as Pakistan reached 155/5 at lunch. England fast bowlers began the second session on a great note getting rid of a well-set Babar Azam and two other players. Stuart Broad bowled a peach of a delivery to remove a well-set Babar Azam for 47 runs, handing Pakistan a huge blow. However, they were left frustrated when Rizwan combined with Mohammad Abbas to stitch a 39-run partnership for the ninth wicket, taking their score to 215/8 at tea. Broad and Anderson were the pick of the bowlers for the hosts, picking up three wickets apiece. (SCORECARD)
Highlights of England Vs Pakistan 2nd Test Day 2, straight from The Rose Bowl Stadium, Southampton
2nd Test, Pakistan in England, 3 Test Series, 2020, Aug 13, 2020
- 19:50 (IST)Run out! Afridi departs! Pakistan 8 down!Shaheen Shah Afridi was backing too much and Dom Sibley's direct throw from slip cordon found of short of the crease. A rather poor dismissal for Afridi who survived in the last over after a dropped chance.
- 19:20 (IST)James Anderson takes his third wicket!James Anderson finds the outside edge of Yasir Shah and Jos Buttler takes a simple catch. He departs for five Pakistan are 171/7.
- 18:58 (IST)Broad strikes to remove Babar Azam!Stuart Broad gets rid of Babar Azam for 47 runs with a peach of a delivery. The ball did just enough to take the outside edge and went straight to Jos Buttler's gloves. Pakistan lose their best batsman.
- 18:03 (IST)Lunch @ Day 2!England went wicket-less in the first session after the delayed start. Pakistan 155/5 at lunch on Day 2, with Babar Azam batting on 45 and Mohammad Rizwan unbeaten on 12.
- 17:30 (IST)Back to back maiden overs!England bowlers have stuck to a either stump-to-stump line or just wide of it and dried up the singles completely. Good thing for Pakistan is that Babar Azam has dealt with all those challenges with great maturity so far and onus will be on him to get them to a decent first innings total.
- 16:34 (IST)Play to start at 5:00pm IST!The match officials are done with their inspection and they have decided that the play will start at 05:00pm IST, with lunch scheduled for an hour later at 6:00pm IST.