IND vs AUS, 1st Test Highlights: Ravichandran Ashwin Stars On Day 2 As India Lead By 62 Runs At Stumps In Adelaide
India vs Australia Test Highlights: India will resume their second innings on Day 3 of the opening Test against Australia in Adelaide, at a score of 9/1.
India ended Day 2 with a score of 9/1 in their second innings, take a 62-run lead against Australia in the opening Test in Adelaide. Earlier, Australia were bowled out for 191 in the first innings. Skipper Tim Paine was the highest run-scorer for the hosts, remaining unbeaten on 73 runs off 99 deliveries in an innings comprising of 10 boundaries. Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers for India, accounting for four wickets. Umesh Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah completed three and two dismissals respectively. India scored 244 runs in the first innings after winning the toss and opting to bat. Virat Kohli was the top run-getter, accumulating 74 runs off 180 balls. Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins accounted for four and three wickets respectively. Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon registered one dismissal apiece. (SCORECARD)
1st Test, Day 2 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Adelaide Oval
- 17:21 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for tuning in. Join us tomorrow for live action from Day 3 of the opening Test between Australia and India.
- 16:53 (IST)WICKET! Prithvi Shaw b Pat Cummins 4 (4)Prithvi Shaw departs for 4, following an inswinging delivery from Pat Cummins, which pierces the gap between bat and pad, going on to hit the stumps. Jasprit Bumrah is the new man in.
- 16:28 (IST)Australia bowled out for 191Australia have been bowled out for 191, trailing India by 53 runs. Tim Paine remains unbeaten on 73.
- 15:47 (IST)Half-century for Tim PaineTim Paine brings up his 8th half-century in Test cricket, following a boundary. Paine took advantage of a short of length delivery, cutting the ball on to the fence.
- 15:08 (IST)Tim Paine dropped by Mayank AgarwalMayank Agarwal drops a sitter from Tim Paine at deep square, making it the third drop by India. Tim Paine attempted to pull a short ball from Jasprit Bumrah square on the leg-side, resulting in an easy opportunity which has been lost. Paine further gets a boundary, as the ball went on to hit the fence.
- 15:06 (IST)WICKET! Pat Cummins c Ajinkya Rahane b Umesh Yadav 0 (3)Umesh Yadav gets a second wicket following the dismissal of Pat Cummins. Umesh bowled a short delivery which left him in no position to negotiate the bounce, resulting in an opportunity for Ajinkya Rahane at gully. Mitchell Starc is the new man in.
- 15:00 (IST)WICKET! Marnus Labuschagne b Umesh Yadav 47 (119)Marnus Labuschagne departs for 47 runs off 119 deliveries, as Umesh Yadav strikes with a vital dismissal. Labuschagne was hit right in front of the stumps with no bat involved, resulting in the umpire raising the finger. A DRS review further failed to save the Australian, with Pat Cummins the new man in.