IND vs AUS, 1st Test Highlights: Ravichandran Ashwin Stars On Day 2 As India Lead By 62 Runs At Stumps In Adelaide
India vs Australia Test Highlights: India will resume their second innings on Day 3 of the opening Test against Australia in Adelaide, at a score of 9/1.
India ended Day 2 with a score of 9/1 in their second innings, take a 62-run lead against Australia in the opening Test in Adelaide. Earlier, Australia were bowled out for 191 in the first innings. Skipper Tim Paine was the highest run-scorer for the hosts, remaining unbeaten on 73 runs off 99 deliveries in an innings comprising of 10 boundaries. Ravichandran Ashwin was the pick of the bowlers for India, accounting for four wickets. Umesh Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah completed three and two dismissals respectively. India scored 244 runs in the first innings after winning the toss and opting to bat. Virat Kohli was the top run-getter, accumulating 74 runs off 180 balls. Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins accounted for four and three wickets respectively. Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon registered one dismissal apiece. (SCORECARD)
1st Test, Day 2 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Adelaide Oval
- 17:21 (IST)That's it from us!Thank you for tuning in. Join us tomorrow for live action from Day 3 of the opening Test between Australia and India.
That will be Stumps on Day 2 of the 1st Test.#TeamIndia 244 & 9/1, lead Australia (191) by 62 runs.— BCCI (@BCCI) December 18, 2020
Scorecard - https://t.co/dBLRRBSJrx #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/ZvyaYnYP3c
- 17:03 (IST)India lead by 62 runs at stumps on Day 2India have ended Day 2 with a score of 9/1, resulting in a lead of 62 runs. Jasprit Bumrah and Mayank Agarwal are the batsmen at the crease for the visitors.
- 17:00 (IST)Mayank, Bumrah complete a couple of runsMayank Agarwal and Jasprit Bumrah complete a couple of runs following a fuller delivery bowled outside off by Mitchell Starc, which the former pushed into the off-side.
- 16:53 (IST)WICKET! Prithvi Shaw b Pat Cummins 4 (4)Prithvi Shaw departs for 4, following an inswinging delivery from Pat Cummins, which pierces the gap between bat and pad, going on to hit the stumps. Jasprit Bumrah is the new man in.
Cleaned him up!— ICC (@ICC) December 18, 2020
Pat Cummins disturbs the woodwork, Prithvi Shaw is gone and Australia have the early wicket they needed #AUSvIND SCORECARD https://t.co/Q10dx0IFfv pic.twitter.com/JYoP8gcwKb
- 16:46 (IST)Mayank Agarwal dropped by Tim PaineMayank Agarwal has been dropped by Tim Paine on 2, having edged a full delivery from Pat Cummins.
- 16:43 (IST)Shaw, Mayank complete a triplePrithvi Shaw pushed a pitched up delivery from Pat Cummins down the ground, resulting in an opportunity to complete three runs.
- 16:39 (IST)Prithvi Shaw gets off the markPrithvi Shaw gets off the mark from the first delivery of the second innings, tucking the ball behind square for a single.
- 16:38 (IST)Mayank Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw are ready for the 2nd inningsMayank Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw are ready for the second innings, with the last few overs of the day's play expected to be tricky. Mitchell Starc will bowl the first over.
- 16:28 (IST)Australia bowled out for 191Australia have been bowled out for 191, trailing India by 53 runs. Tim Paine remains unbeaten on 73.
Innings Break!— BCCI (@BCCI) December 18, 2020
Umesh with the final wicket as Australia are all out for 191. #TeamIndia lead by 53 runs.
Scorecard - https://t.co/dBLRRBSJrx #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/iFfkBnPJEI
- 16:27 (IST)WICKET! Josh Hazlewood c Cheteshwar Pujara b Umesh Yadav 8 (10)Josh Hazlewood departs for 8, as Cheteshwar Pujara times his jump to perfection, following a thick edge off a short delivery by Umesh Yadav.
- 16:26 (IST)FOUR!Tim Paine enters the 70s following his 10th boundary of the innings. Paine got a top edge following a short ball by Jasprit Bumrah, which ran down to the fence.
- 16:22 (IST)Tim Paine completes a couple of runsTim Paine flicks the ball through mid-wicket following a full delivery which was angled in, completing a couple of runs.
- 16:21 (IST)FOUR!Tim Paine gets his ninth boundary of the innings, following a reverse sweep behind square on the off-side.
- 16:18 (IST)Australia trail by 66 runsAustralia have reached a score of 178 runs for the loss of nine wickets in 70 overs. Skipper Tim Paine is continuing to attack the bowlers, with the deficit declining steadily.
- 16:11 (IST)FOUR!Josh Hazlewood gets his second boundary of the innings following a lofted up delivery, which was smashed towards long-on.
- 16:10 (IST)Hazlewood off the mark with a boundaryJosh Hazlewood gets off the mark with a fine boundary, following a neat on-drive all along the ground.
- 16:06 (IST)WICKET! Nathan Lyon c Virat Kohli b Ravichandran Ashwin 10 (21)Ravichandran Ashwin gets his fourth wicket of the innings, as Nathan Lyon tries to flick a flat ball, handing a catch to Virat Kohli at short mid-wicket. Josh Hazlewood is the new man in.
- 15:57 (IST)FOUR!Nathan Lyon gets his first boundary of the innings, pulling a short delivery along the ground through mid-wicket.
- 15:55 (IST)India lose a reviewIndia have lost a review following a LBW appeal for the dismissal of Nathan Lyon. Lyon got a bit of bat while playing a sweep shot, resulting in the review being turned down. Australia 160/8 after 65 overs
- 15:48 (IST)FOUR!Eighth boundary of the innings for Tim Paine, who slashes hard resulting in a thick inside edge which flies over gully.
- 15:47 (IST)Half-century for Tim PaineTim Paine brings up his 8th half-century in Test cricket, following a boundary. Paine took advantage of a short of length delivery, cutting the ball on to the fence.
Gritty knock from the skipper Paine - and much needed for Australia #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/bcKbURRBLk— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 18, 2020
- 15:45 (IST)Nathan Lyon survives after successful DRS reviewNathan Lyon was initially adjudged LBW by the umpire, following a delivery which seemed to be hitting him directly on the pads. However, the subsequent DRS review confirmed an inside edge, resulting in the decision being overturned.
- 15:43 (IST)Australia now trail India by 97 runsTim Paine completes a single following a delivery floated up outside off by Ravichandra Ashwin. This has reduced Australia's deficit to 97 runs.
- 15:34 (IST)WICKET! Mitchell Starc run out (Prithvi Shaw/Wriddhiman Saha) 15 (16)Mitchell Starc departs for 15 runs from 16 deliveries following an excellent throw by Prithvi Shaw from the deep to Wriddhiman Saha. Starc was inches short, resulting in his dismissal with Nathan Lyon the new man in.
- 15:27 (IST)Wriddhiman Saha drops Mitchell StarcMitchell Starc attempted to pull a short delivery from Jasprit Bumrah, resulting in a leading edge and an opportunity for Wriddhiman Saha. While Saha tried to complete a catch running back, he failed to execute the effort to perfection.
- 15:25 (IST)Starc pulls the ball to deep square leg for singleMitchell Starc completes a single, pulling a short ball from Umesh Yadav to deep square leg.
- 15:21 (IST)Leading edge balloons through backward pointMitchell Starc edges the ball through backward point in the gap, following a short of length delivery, completing three runs with Tim Paine.
- 15:17 (IST)Brilliant running by AustraliaTim Paine and Mitchell Starc have been excellent running between the wickets, hitting the balls into the gap shrewdly.
- 15:12 (IST)Mitchell Starc gets a couple of runsMitchell Starc takes advantage of a length delivery pitched outside leg, pulling it to the right of deep square leg, for some quick runs.
- 15:09 (IST)FOUR!Mitchell Starc gets his first boundary of the innings, clearing his front leg and smashing the length delivery over mid-on.
- 15:08 (IST)Tim Paine dropped by Mayank AgarwalMayank Agarwal drops a sitter from Tim Paine at deep square, making it the third drop by India. Tim Paine attempted to pull a short ball from Jasprit Bumrah square on the leg-side, resulting in an easy opportunity which has been lost. Paine further gets a boundary, as the ball went on to hit the fence.
- 15:06 (IST)WICKET! Pat Cummins c Ajinkya Rahane b Umesh Yadav 0 (3)Umesh Yadav gets a second wicket following the dismissal of Pat Cummins. Umesh bowled a short delivery which left him in no position to negotiate the bounce, resulting in an opportunity for Ajinkya Rahane at gully. Mitchell Starc is the new man in.
- 15:00 (IST)WICKET! Marnus Labuschagne b Umesh Yadav 47 (119)Marnus Labuschagne departs for 47 runs off 119 deliveries, as Umesh Yadav strikes with a vital dismissal. Labuschagne was hit right in front of the stumps with no bat involved, resulting in the umpire raising the finger. A DRS review further failed to save the Australian, with Pat Cummins the new man in.
- 14:54 (IST)FOUR!Tim Paine gets his fifth boundary of the innings, unleashing a classy back foot punch through cover.
- 14:53 (IST)FOUR!Tim Paine gets his fourth boundary of the innings, following a thick outside edge off a good length delivery by Jasprit Bumrah.
- 14:48 (IST)Tim Paine follows up the boundary with a singleTim Paine follows up the boundary with a single, flicking the full-ball wide of mid-wicket.
- 14:47 (IST)100-up for AustraliaAustralia cross the 100-run mark following a boundary by Tim Paine. Paine took advantage of a loose delivery from Umesh Yadav, helping the ball along to the fence, finding the gap astutely.
- 14:44 (IST)Quick singleTim Paine directs the ball to cover, completing a quick single with Marnus Labuschagne.
- 14:40 (IST)Tim Paine gets a couple of runsTim Paine flicks a full delivery from Umesh Yadav crisply through mid-wicket, for a couple of runs.
- 14:37 (IST)Marnus Labuschagne 3 runs away from half-centuryMarnus Labuschagne directs the ball towards the leg-side after jamming his bat close to his boot, completing a single which helps him reach 47.