Victory kept Chelsea's outside chances of chasing down Tottenham Hotspur for a place in next season's Champions League alive.
After a dismal title defence last season, Chelsea look revitalised under new manager Antonio Conte and the Italian was able to celebrate his third successive win after the most emphatic display of his brief reign
Roberto Martinez has warned Ross Barkley's potential suitors that even a bid equivalent to the astronomical figure paid by Real Madrid for Gareth Bale will not prompt Everton to let the youngster leave Goodison Park.
Romelu Lukaku admitted he has a "strange" situation with Chelsea and claims he has not heard from anyone at Stamford Bridge for months.
Newcastle made only one major acquisition during the transfer window, signing Loic Remy on loan from Queens Park Rangers, and crashed 4-0 at Manchester City on the season's opening weekend.
There is still a chance David Moyes will return with one more offer and Roberto Martinez admitted he would have preferred the window to close before the start of the season.
Marouane Fellaini came closest to scoring when his late effort came back off the post, while a Seamus Coleman cross also struck the woodwork as Everton were forced to settle for a second consecutive draw.
Managers including Newcastle United's Alan Pardew, Jose Mourinho of Chelsea and Swansea City's Michael Laudrup have called for the transfer window to close earlier, and Martinez agrees. Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines continue to be linked to Manchester United.
United had a
Deulofeu scored 18 times in 33 matches for Barcelona's B side last season and also made a handful of substitute appearances for the Spanish champions.
Martinez is reportedly close to completing moves for striker Arouna Kone and centre-back Antolin Alcaraz, with whom he worked at previous club Wigan Athletic, and he said that both players would be valuable additions to the Everton squad.
New Everton manager Roberto Martinez illustrated his determination to fend off Manchester United's interest in left-back Leighton Baines on Wednesday by describing the England international as "an icon".
The 39-year-old Spaniard joins from Wigan Athletic and has signed a four-year contract at Goodison Park.
Martinez asked to leave Wigan after they were relegated from the Premier League last month, and was given permission to speak to Everton about filling its managerial vacancy.
The 27-year-old Spanish international, who has represented his country on 23 occasions, made 393 appearances in his 10 years with Sevilla.
Wigan revealed on Tuesday they had accepted Martinez's request to leave the club and he was quickly installed as the favourite to succeed David Moyes at Everton.
The Spaniard led Wigan to a shock victory over Manchester City in this season's FA Cup final, but the club were then relegated from the Premier League.
Wigan will soon be back in the Premier League despite having suffered relegation this season after eight years in the top flight, manager Roberto Martinez said.