Manchester City confirm Tevez talks

Updated: 03 October 2011 16:07 IST

Manchester City officials confirmed on Monday that they are due to open talks with Carlos Tevez over the striker's refusal to play in a Champions League match at Bayern Munich last week.

Manchester:

Manchester City officials confirmed on Monday that they are due to open talks with Carlos Tevez over the striker's refusal to play in a Champions League match at Bayern Munich last week.

Tevez has been suspended for two weeks after reportedly refusing to come on as a substitute during his side's 2-0 defeat at Munich's Allianz Arena.

City coach Roberto Mancini subsequently said that the 27-year-old's career at the club was "finished", but the Argentina international will be given an opportunity to put his side of the story across.

Tevez initially claimed he "didn't feel right to play," but later backtracked and said the situation had been caused by a "misunderstanding".

He explained that he thought he had been asked to warm up by Mancini, but refused as he had already done so.

After meeting with City officials, Tevez will not be allowed to return to the club until his suspension ends on October 12.

Topics : Football West Ham United Inter Milan
Related Articles
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Cristiano Ronaldo Will Remain Real Madrid Player For '2-3 More Years', Says Zinedine Zidane
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Picture This! Pensive Neymar Stirs Renewed Paris Saint-Germain Fever
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move, Targets Silverware
Show Comments
Advertisement