Tevez scores on public comeback

Updated: 07 March 2012 08:29 IST

Carlos Tevez marked his first public appearance for Manchester City in more than five months with a goal as the Premier League leaders' reserves beat Bolton 3-1 on Tuesday.

Tevez scores on public comeback
©

Manchester:

Carlos Tevez marked his first public appearance for Manchester City in more than five months with a goal as the Premier League leaders' reserves beat Bolton 3-1 on Tuesday.

Tevez, who played for 45 minutes behind closed doors last week, appeared in front of a crowd of more than 1,000 boosted by media personnel in the Manchester district of Hyde.

The Argentina striker who had come close with a first half free-kick, scored City's equaliser in the 51st minute when he finished off a cross from fellow forward Harry Bunn from close range.

Tevez was substituted shortly after his goal.

He fell-out with Roberto Mancini after the City manager accused him of refusing to warm-up during a Champions League defeat away to Bayern Munich back in September.

The 28-year-old then spent more than three months in Argentina without City's permission before returning to north-west England after failing to secure a move during the January transfer window.

Tevez has provided Mancini with the apology the Italian sought for the forward's conduct and the manager has since said he will consider him for selection as normal when the former Manchester United striker is match-fit.

But Mancini, speaking last week, said: "After three months it is not easy to play. At this moment he can't play. Maybe in two weeks he could be ready."

Topics : Football Mark Hughes Alex Ferguson Manchester City Inter Milan West Ham United Bolton Wanderers English Premier League
Related Articles
Chelsea Cancel Premier League Victory Parade After Manchester Attack
Chelsea Cancel Premier League Victory Parade After Manchester Attack
Spain Supreme Court Confirms Lionel Messi Fraud Sentence
Spain Supreme Court Confirms Lionel Messi Fraud Sentence
Jose Mourinho Says Manchester Attack Victims in United's 'Minds And Hearts'
Jose Mourinho Says Manchester Attack Victims in United's 'Minds And Hearts'
Show Comments
Advertisement