CWG 2018 News
- Indian Boxers Will Improve Medals Tally At Asian Games: Boxer Vikas Krishan Yadav
India picked up nine boxing medals at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia, earlier this month.
- Neeraj Chopra The Star As Track And Field Athletes Land Back From Commonwealth Games
Over 100 people gathered at the arrival terminal of the IGI airport to receive the athletes.
- India Should Boycott 2022 Commonwealth Games, Says NRAI Chief Raninder Singh
Raninder Singh said he will soon write to the Sports Ministry and Indian Olympic Association (IOA) in this regard.
- MC Mary Kom Rubbishes Retirement Talk, Dreams Of Olympic Gold
India's best-ever boxer Mary Kom said on Tuesday that she has no plans to retire and is determined to defy her critics by winning an elusive Olympic gold.
- Don't Mind Fighting For Dad Anywhere: Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal had been at odds with the authorities about her father's access to the Commonwealth Games Village.
- CWG 2018: Haryana Government To Give 1.5 Crore To Gold Winners From State
CWG gold medal winners, hailing from Haryana, will get Rs 1.5 crore from the state government, sports minister Anil Vij announced on Sunday.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: India Ends Campaign In Third Spot With 26 Gold Medals
India won 26 gold, 20 silver and 20 bronze medals to finish behind Australia and England, making it the third most successful Commonwealth Games for the country.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Satwik Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty's Men's Doubles Badminton Silver Ends India's Campaign
The Indian pair lost 13-21, 16-21 in the summit clash that lasted for 39 minutes at the Carrara Sports Arena.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Have A Healthy Rivalry With PV Sindhu, Says Saina Nehwal
The win also meant that the 28-year-old Saina won all her 12 matches in Gold Coast to remain unbeaten in the tournament.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Silver For Kidambi Srikanth As Lee Chong Wei Claims Men's Singles Gold
Kidambi Srikanth had beaten Lee Chong Wei in the mixed team final earlier in 2018 CWG but could not repeat the feat in the men's singles event.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Dipika Pallikal-Joshna Chinappa Clinch Silver In Women's Doubles Squash
This was Joshna's first and Dipika's second medal at Gold Coast after winning silver in the mixed doubles with Saurav Ghosal.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Manika Batra-Sathiyan Gnanasekaran Beat Sharath Kamal-Mouma Das To Bag Table Tennis Mixed Team Bronze
Apart from the singles gold, Batra has gold in the women's team event and silver in the women's doubles with Mouma Das.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Saina Nehwal Beats PV Sindhu To Win Women's Singles Gold
Saina Nehwal beats compatriot P V Sindhu 21-18, 23-21 to win the 26th gold for India.
- 2018 Commonwealth Games, Day 11, Highlights: India Clinch 3rd Spot, Win 66 Medals In Total
2018 CWG, Highlights: India ended its campaign in Gold Coast with a total of 66 medals (26 Gold, 20 Silver, 20 Bronze). This is India's third most successful Commonwealth Games.
- Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist Punam Yadav Attacked In Varanasi
Poonam Yadav won the gold for India in the 69 kg category by lifting 100 kg in the snatch and 122 kg in clean and jerk.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: India Wrestler Sumit Malik Involved In Bite Row
Sumit Malik won the men's Freestyle 125 kg decider by forfeit after Nigeria's Sinivie Boltic was forced to pull out with injury.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Dipika Pallikal Questions 'Shocking Decisions' After Squash Mixed Doubles Final Loss
Dipika Pallikal said shocking decisions were made during the final.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: PV Sindhu vs Saina Nehwal, Head-To-Head
While PV Sindhu would look to use her steep smashes to unsettle her compatriot, Saina Nehwal will be keen to control the game via her strength of creating sharp angles.