India vs Australia 1st T20 Highlights: Yuzvendra Chahal, T Natarajan Star As India Beat Australia By 11 Runs
IND vs AUS Highlights: India defeated Australia by 11 runs in the first T20I in Canberra, to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match T20I series.
Team India defeated Australia by 11 runs in the first of three T20 Internationals at the Manuka Oval in Canberra. Australia skipper Aaron Finch won the toss and opted to bowl, with the visitors posting a total of 161 runs for the loss of seven wickets. KL Rahul was the highest run-scorer, accumulating 51 runs off 40 deliveries. The wicketkeeper-batsman registered his 12th half-century in T20Is, during the course of the innings. All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was the second-highest run-getter, smashing 44 runs off 23 balls. Jadeja's knock comprised of five boundaries and a six. Moises Henriques was the pick of the bowlers for the hosts, accounting for three wickets while conceding 22 runs. The chase started off on an attacking note with Finch smashing the ball to all corners of the ground. However, the Australian skipper's dismissal helped Team India make a comeback in the game. Yuzvendra Chahal, who came in as a concussion substitute for Ravindra Jadeja, made a decisive impact, accounting for Finch's dismissal before sending back Steve Smith early. Chahal received support from left-arm pacer T Natarajan who made his presence felt on debut. The duo finished with three wickets apiece, to help India register a win which seemed unlikely at one stage. (SCORECARD)
1st T20I, India in Australia, 3 T20I Series, 2020, Dec 04, 2020
1st T20I Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From Manuka Oval, Canberra
- 17:31 (IST)India win by 11 runsIndia have defeated Australia by 11 runs in the first T20I of the three-match series at Canberra. Yuzvendra Chahal and T Natarajan were the key performers with the ball, accounting for three wickets apiece.
- 17:21 (IST)WICKET! Mitchell Starc b T Natarajan 1 (2)Mitchell Starc departs for 1, after being clean bowled by a yorker from T Natarajan. Mitchell Swepson is the next batsman in.
Natarajan picks up his third wicket as Starc is bowled out for 1.— BCCI (@BCCI) December 4, 2020
Australia 127/7 pic.twitter.com/HfW0HPJKLv
- 17:18 (IST)WICKET! Moises Henriques lbw Deepak Chahar 30 (20)Australia seem down and out, following the vital dismissal of Moises Henriques. Henriques walked across the stumps, attempting to play the pick up shot off the pads. However, he missed the ball which went on to hit him on the pads. Henriques was termed dismissed lbw, which was further confirmed by an unsuccesful DRS review. Mitchell Starc is the new man in.
- 17:11 (IST)WICKET! Matthew Wade c Virat Kohli b Yuzvendra Chahal 7 (9)Yuzvendra Chahal accounts for the dismissal of Matthew Wade off the final delivery of his bowling spell, dismissing the batsman for 7 runs off 9 deliveries. Wade attempted to slog sweep a delivery floated up, hitting the ball straight to Virat Kohli at deep mid. Sean Abbott is the new batsman in.
- 17:02 (IST)WICKET! D Arcy Short c Hardik Pandya b T Natarajan 34 (38)D Arcy Short departs for 34 runs off 38 deliveries, following a deceptive cross-seam delivery by T Natarajan. Short hit the ball straight to Hardik at long-on, after attempting to slog across the line with no timing. Matthew Wade is the new batsman in.
- 16:40 (IST)WICKET! Glenn Maxwell lbw T Natarajan 2 (3)Glenn Maxwell departs for 2 runs off 3 deliveries, following a successful DRS review by Team India. T Natarajan bowled a length ball which skidded on to hit the back pad, trapping Maxwell in front of the stumps. The initial appeal was turned down by the umpire, who had to change his decision in the end. Moises Henriques is the new man in.
- 16:34 (IST)WICKET! Steve Smith c Sanju Samson b Yuzvendra Chahal 12 (9)Steve Smith departs for 12 runs off 9 deliveries, as Sanju Samson completes a fantastic catch off the Australian batsman. Smith played a slog sweep, hitting the ball towards the cow corner region where Samson made no mistakes. Glenn Maxwell is the new man in.
- 16:24 (IST)WICKET! Aaron Finch c Hardik Pandya b Yuzvendra Chahal 35 (26)Aaron Finch departs for 35 runs off 26 deliveries, as Hardik Pandya completes a fine catch. Finch tried to smash the ball straight down the ground, slicing it towards Hardik at long-off. Steve Smith is the new batsman in.
- 16:19 (IST)Virat Kohli drops D Arcy ShortVirat Kohli puts down a dolly, providing a lifeline to D Arcy Short. Short hit the ball towards the cover region after atempting a slash-cut, resulting in an opportunity for Virat Kohli who could not take advantage.Manish Pandey dropped Aaron Finch off the previous delivery, at backward point. This will make it even tougher to digest for the Team India fans.
- 15:52 (IST)Yuvendra Chahal replaces Ravindra Jadeja on field as a concussion substituteYuzvendra Chahal is taking the field for Team India in the 2nd innings as a concussion substitute for Ravindra Jadeja. Jadeja was hit on the helmet in the final over of the first innings.
UPDATE: Ravindra Jadeja was hit on the helmet in the final over of the first innings of the first T20I.— BCCI (@BCCI) December 4, 2020
Yuzvendra Chahal will take the field in the 2nd innings as a concussion substitute. Jadeja is currently being assessed by the BCCI Medical Team. #TeamIndia #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/tdzZrHpA1H
- 15:50 (IST)Expensive start by Deepak ChaharDeepak Chahar concedes 14 runs off the first over of the second innings, after being smashed for three boundaries. Washington Sundar will share the new ball. Australia 14/0 after 1 over
- 15:29 (IST)India finish with a score of 161/7 in 20 oversIndia have finished with a score of 161 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Australia need 162 runs to win the first T20I.
Innings Break!— BCCI (@BCCI) December 4, 2020
A half-century from @klrahul11 and a quick-fire 44* from @imjadeja propel #TeamIndia to a total of 161/7 on the board.
Scorecard - https://t.co/3MGX8Wfhsy #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/7hOHnC7MIe