India vs New Zealand, 1st T20I Highlights: Match Between India-NZ Abandoned Without A Ball Being Bowled
IND vs NZ Highlights, 1st T20I: The first T20I between India and New Zealand was abandoned without a single ball being bowled due to rain in Wellington
India vs New Zealand, 1st T20I, Highlights: The first T20I between India and New Zealand was abandoned without a single ball being bowled due to rain in Wellington. The toss had also not taken place. Both these teams had suffered losses in their respective semi-finals. India are without the likes of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya would be leading the side in the T20Is. The series will present an opportunity for the likes of Umran Malik, Sanju Samson and Ishan Kishan to show what they can do in the shortest format. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of the 1st T20I Match between India and New Zealand straight from Sky Stadium In Wellington
- 13:31 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Thank you for joining usThat's all for today guys. Thank you for joining us. We will be back on Sunday with the live coverage of the 2nd T20I between New Zealand and India.
- 13:28 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Match abandonedThe first T20I match between New Zealand and India has been without a ball being bowled, due to the incessant rainfall in Wellington.
- 13:23 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Harsha Bhogle expresses disappointment
Such a disappointment. The weather fought the forecast till about 1800 local time and surrendered after that.— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) November 18, 2022
- 13:20 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Three ODIs after T20I seriesFollowing the three-match T20I series, New Zealand and India will be squaring off against each other for a three-match ODI series, starting from November 25.
- 13:12 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Venues for upcoming T20IsThe 2nd T20I between New Zealand and India will be held at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui on Sunday while the 3rd T20I will take place on Tuesday at Mclean Park, Napier.
- 13:04 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Tim Southee said before tossAnother opportunity against a quality side, should be good. Guys need to get over the semi-final game, we are used to quick turnarounds and changes in format. It’s a great Indian team, they’ve got so much talent that whatever side they put out will be strong, we’ve seen them all perform in the IPL. (On Trent Boult’s absence) He’s been a massive part of this side, it is strange looking around and not having him but it allows another guy to come in and perform. It is strange to have one of our best players not be here. If the rain stops, we can expect a full stadium with plenty of Indian fans. Always exciting to play in front of full stadiums.
- 13:00 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Williamson released by SRHAhead of IPL 2023 auction, Sunrisers Hyderabad parted ways with their skipper Kane Williamson. The retention list was released on Tuesday, three days prior to the first T20I match.
- 12:57 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Williamson eyeing a winAfter New Zealand's debacle against Pakistan in the semi-final of the T20 World Cup 2022, skipper Kane Williamson will be eyeing a win against India in the T20I series.
- 12:47 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Bhuvneshwar Kumar's T20I recordIndia pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar has scalped 36 T20I wickets this year. The only two bowlers with a better tally than him are Ireland's Joshua Little and Nepal's Sandeep Lamichane.
- 12:42 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Fiery SuryakumarIndia batter Suryakumar Yadav has smashed 1040 runs in 2022, so far. This is the second instance of a batter scoring 1000-plus runs in a calendar year.
- 12:31 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Cut-off time for Match Is 2:16 PM ISTThe latest time that a five-overs per side contest can begin is 2:16 PM.
- 12:23 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's how Indian players are spending their time before match
#TeamIndia and New Zealand team enjoy a game of footvolley as we wait for the rain to let up.#NZvIND pic.twitter.com/8yjyJ3fTGJ— BCCI (@BCCI) November 18, 2022
- 12:15 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Ish Sodhi said before tossIt is always going to be tough to get up within a short span because of the scheduling these days. It's only been a week since we came from Australia, but playing against a team like India is always exciting and definitely one that motivates. I don't want to say it is easy (to be a spinner in NZ), because it is a difficult place to bowl. Unique place to bowl with the boundaries in different venues. I think it is down to communication, good to see we have formulated a partnership (about his bowling partnership with Mitchell Santner). If Mitch is going for a few less runs at one end and then I can attack from my end and vice versa. This is a very unique place to bowl (Sky Stadium, Wellington). Not much turn, short square boundaries compared to the straighter ones. Varying the line has been an important part of our planning as a spin bowling unit on this ground. Bowling the wide line when you need and try and get them to hit to the straighter boundary has been in our discussion for a long time and potentially got us a few wickets.
- 12:10 (IST)New Zealand vs India: India's victory in previous tourIn their previous tour to New Zealand in 2020, India had clinched the T20I series 5-0.
- 12:07 (IST)New Zealand vs India: NZ without BoultNew Zealand star pacer Trent Boult has been rested from the T20Is against India. All eyes will be on Lockie Ferguson, in the absence of Boult.
- 11:59 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Rain gets heavier in WellingtonAfter the delay in toss, the rain gets heavier in Wellington, putting the 1st T20I between New Zealand and India in jeopardy.
- 11:57 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Redemption time for IndiaAfter an embarrassing loss against England in the semi-final of the World Cup, India will look to redeem themselves in today's match against New Zealand.
- 11:48 (IST)New Zealand vs India: 2nd T20I on SundayAfter today's clash, bot the teams will be meeting again on Sunday for the second T20I match of the three-match series. It will be followed by the third clash on Tuesday, November 22.
- 11:45 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Rain returnsAfter a short relief, it has started to rain again in Wellington.
- 11:42 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Washington Sundar said before tossI broke my ankle playing football before a game once, so I told myself I’d never play football again. There are plenty of other things I can do instead for a warm-up, go for a jog, stretch etc. I have spent a lot of time at the NCA, my stint at Lancashire was amazing before I got injured, so I’ve worked a lot on my body, particularly my shoulder. New Zealand is one of my favorite countries, the weather and the people are really pleasant. Since we got here, we spent a lot of time going to restaurants and walking to shops. We enjoy doing those things, enjoy our privacy out here.
- 11:41 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Adam Milne said before tossFeeling good. I haven't played for a month or so now since the tri-series. Trying to keep the body going through the World Cup and bowling some overs in the nets, hopefully I get a few games here against India. All the guys are doing specific stuff to make sure their bodies stay healthy throughout the season. Sometimes the fast bowlers are doing slightly different stuff in the gym.
- 11:34 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Shubman Gill said before tossI came here for the U19 World Cup. Made my ODI debut here in 2019. Good to comeback (to New Zealand), feels good. Definitely, I have fond memories coming back to NZ. Whenever I know I'll be going to NZ it brings a smile. I have been able to execute a few things I have been practicing (about his success in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy). I have always felt hitting sixes is not about power, it's about timing. If I am getting that right, I know I can hit sixes. It's always about me looking to score than look for four or six. I want to play less dot balls, I want to keep ticking, ones, twos etc. It's more about you being able to wait and swing in the line of the ball rather than swinging hard at the ball.
- 11:31 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Rain stops in WellingtonAfter the announcement of delay in the toss, the rain has stopped in Wellington. Stay tuned for more updates.
- 11:30 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Toss delayedDue to the continuous rainfall in Wellington, the toss for the 1st T20I match between New Zealand and India has been delayed. Stay tuned for more updates.
Toss at Sky Stadium, Wellington has been delayed due to persistent rains.— BCCI (@BCCI) November 18, 2022
Stay tuned for further updates.#NZvIND pic.twitter.com/e2QJYdAnRN
- 11:28 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Comeback time for Umran MalikIPL 2022 star pacer Umran Malik, who played his last international game against England in July, has been named in Indian squad for the T20Is against New Zealand. It will be interesting to see whether he will be included in the Playing XI or not.
- 11:15 (IST)New Zealand vs India: First game for both teams after T20 WCAfter facing disappointing losses in their respective semi-final clashes of the T20 World Cup, New Zealand and India are squaring off for the white-ball series.
- 11:10 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Toss slated to take place at 11:30The toss for the 1st T20I match between New Zealand and India is slated to take place at 11:30 AM but rain might affect the flow of the game.
- 11:03 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Raining in WellingtonThe start of the 1st T20I between New Zealand and India might face a delay as it has been raining in Wellington.
- 10:59 (IST)New Zealand vs India: All eyes on Arshdeep SinghAfter giving a brilliant performance in the 2022 T20 World Cup, India pacer Arshdeep Singh is all set to repeat his heroics against New Zealand. In the World Cup, Arshdeep became the highest wicket-taker for India with 10 scalps to his name.
- 10:53 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Live streamingThe live streaming of the T20I series between New Zealand and India will be available on Amazon Prime Video.
- 10:44 (IST)India vs New Zealand: Will Shubman Gill get a chance?Will Shubman Gill get a chance in the playing XI for the 1st T20I against New Zealand
- 10:43 (IST)India vs New Zealand: What's the weather forecast for Wellington?There is some forecast for showers in Wellington. What's the full weather forecast?
- 10:35 (IST)New Zealand vs India: How's Team India preparing
Preps— BCCI (@BCCI) November 18, 2022
Time to hit the ground running #TeamIndia | #NZvIND pic.twitter.com/2Z6te21HpK
- 10:33 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Will rain play spoilsport?Showers are expected in Wellington which might hamper the first T20I between New Zealand and India.
- 10:28 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Hardik Pandya to lead Team IndiaAll-rounder Hardik Pandya will be leading Team India in the three-match T20I series against New Zealand. Hardik played exceptionally well in the recently concluded T20 World Cup, where he scored 128 runs and scalped 8 wickets.
- 10:23 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Hello and WelcomeHello and welcome to our live coverage of the 1st T20I match between New Zealand and India, at Sky Stadium, Wellington.