India vs New Zealand, 1st T20I Highlights: Match Between India-NZ Abandoned Without A Ball Being Bowled
IND vs NZ Highlights, 1st T20I: The first T20I between India and New Zealand was abandoned without a single ball being bowled due to rain in Wellington
India vs New Zealand, 1st T20I, Highlights: The first T20I between India and New Zealand was abandoned without a single ball being bowled due to rain in Wellington. The toss had also not taken place. Both these teams had suffered losses in their respective semi-finals. India are without the likes of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya would be leading the side in the T20Is. The series will present an opportunity for the likes of Umran Malik, Sanju Samson and Ishan Kishan to show what they can do in the shortest format. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of the 1st T20I Match between India and New Zealand straight from Sky Stadium In Wellington
- 13:23 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Harsha Bhogle expresses disappointment
Such a disappointment. The weather fought the forecast till about 1800 local time and surrendered after that.— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) November 18, 2022
- 13:04 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Tim Southee said before tossAnother opportunity against a quality side, should be good. Guys need to get over the semi-final game, we are used to quick turnarounds and changes in format. It’s a great Indian team, they’ve got so much talent that whatever side they put out will be strong, we’ve seen them all perform in the IPL. (On Trent Boult’s absence) He’s been a massive part of this side, it is strange looking around and not having him but it allows another guy to come in and perform. It is strange to have one of our best players not be here. If the rain stops, we can expect a full stadium with plenty of Indian fans. Always exciting to play in front of full stadiums.
- 12:15 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Ish Sodhi said before tossIt is always going to be tough to get up within a short span because of the scheduling these days. It's only been a week since we came from Australia, but playing against a team like India is always exciting and definitely one that motivates. I don't want to say it is easy (to be a spinner in NZ), because it is a difficult place to bowl. Unique place to bowl with the boundaries in different venues. I think it is down to communication, good to see we have formulated a partnership (about his bowling partnership with Mitchell Santner). If Mitch is going for a few less runs at one end and then I can attack from my end and vice versa. This is a very unique place to bowl (Sky Stadium, Wellington). Not much turn, short square boundaries compared to the straighter ones. Varying the line has been an important part of our planning as a spin bowling unit on this ground. Bowling the wide line when you need and try and get them to hit to the straighter boundary has been in our discussion for a long time and potentially got us a few wickets.
- 11:42 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Washington Sundar said before tossI broke my ankle playing football before a game once, so I told myself I’d never play football again. There are plenty of other things I can do instead for a warm-up, go for a jog, stretch etc. I have spent a lot of time at the NCA, my stint at Lancashire was amazing before I got injured, so I’ve worked a lot on my body, particularly my shoulder. New Zealand is one of my favorite countries, the weather and the people are really pleasant. Since we got here, we spent a lot of time going to restaurants and walking to shops. We enjoy doing those things, enjoy our privacy out here.
- 11:41 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Adam Milne said before tossFeeling good. I haven't played for a month or so now since the tri-series. Trying to keep the body going through the World Cup and bowling some overs in the nets, hopefully I get a few games here against India. All the guys are doing specific stuff to make sure their bodies stay healthy throughout the season. Sometimes the fast bowlers are doing slightly different stuff in the gym.
- 11:34 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Here's what Shubman Gill said before tossI came here for the U19 World Cup. Made my ODI debut here in 2019. Good to comeback (to New Zealand), feels good. Definitely, I have fond memories coming back to NZ. Whenever I know I'll be going to NZ it brings a smile. I have been able to execute a few things I have been practicing (about his success in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy). I have always felt hitting sixes is not about power, it's about timing. If I am getting that right, I know I can hit sixes. It's always about me looking to score than look for four or six. I want to play less dot balls, I want to keep ticking, ones, twos etc. It's more about you being able to wait and swing in the line of the ball rather than swinging hard at the ball.
- 11:30 (IST)New Zealand vs India: Toss delayedDue to the continuous rainfall in Wellington, the toss for the 1st T20I match between New Zealand and India has been delayed. Stay tuned for more updates.
- 11:28 (IST)
- 10:59 (IST)
- 10:44 (IST)India vs New Zealand: Will Shubman Gill get a chance?Will Shubman Gill get a chance in the playing XI for the 1st T20I against New Zealand
- 10:43 (IST)India vs New Zealand: What's the weather forecast for Wellington?There is some forecast for showers in Wellington. What's the full weather forecast?