Adrian Sutil to stand trial in January end

Updated: 13 January 2012 21:29 IST

Former Force India driver Adrian Sutil will stand trial at the end of January for a nightclub fight in China in which he allegedly attacked and injured the owner of a Formula One team with a glass.

Adrian Sutil to stand trial in January end
©

Frankfurt:

Former Force India driver Adrian Sutil will stand trial at the end of January for a nightclub fight in China in which he allegedly attacked and injured the owner of a Formula One team with a glass.

The Munich district court says it will hold the trial on Jan. 30-31. The prosecutors have asked for a one-year suspended sentence for the German driver.

Sutil is charged with causing grievous bodily harm in the incident involving Renault F1 team executive Eric Lux. Lux, part owner of the team now renamed Lotus, was cut in the neck and required two dozen stitches.

They were among guests at a party to celebrate Lewis Hamilton's victory at the China Grand Prix in Shanghai in April.

Sutil said last year he only wanted to spill his drink on Lux and that causing the injury was completely "unintentional and accidental."

Lux, a Luxembourg citizen, filed a complaint with Munich prosecutors, who have now charged Sutil.

Hamilton may be asked to testify at the trial.

Sutil is without a team for next season.

Topics : Formula 1 Kimi Raikkonen Adrian Sutil Giancarlo Fisichella Paul di Resta Force India Shanghai International Circuit Australian Grand Prix Valencia Street Circuit
Related Articles
Bahrain Grand Prix: Valtteri Bottas Ends Lewis Hamilton Run For First Career Pole
Bahrain Grand Prix: Valtteri Bottas Ends Lewis Hamilton Run For First Career Pole
Sebastian Vettel Survives Ferrari 'Shut-Down' In Bahrain
Sebastian Vettel Survives Ferrari 'Shut-Down' In Bahrain
McLaren's Fernando Alonso to Miss Monaco GP For Indy 500
McLaren's Fernando Alonso to Miss Monaco GP For Indy 500
Show Comments
Advertisement