Man City concedes defeat in pursuit of Eto'o

Updated: 12 July 2009 11:13 IST

Manchester City's pursuit of Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is over.

Man City concedes defeat in pursuit of Eto'o

Manchester:

Manchester City's pursuit of Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is over.

Barcelona had accepted City's bid for Eto'o, but a deal was stymied by a contractual dispute between the Cameroon international and the Champions League holders.

"Eto'o is undoubtedly a fine footballer but the circumstances surrounding him were such that the deal could not be completed," City chief executive Garry Cook said on Friday.

Eto'o is about to enter the last year of his contract at Nou Camp and felt he should have received a significant portion of the 18 million pounds ($29 million) City was willing to pay. He is entitled to leave for free in the next offseason.

Cook said City will "pursue other avenues" in the transfer market.



Topics : Football Inter Milan
Related Articles
Champions League: Borussia Dortmund Hold Real Madrid as Porto, Sevilla Make Last 16
Champions League: Borussia Dortmund Hold Real Madrid as Porto, Sevilla Make Last 16
FIFA Club World Cup Set to Begin Under The Shadow of Chapecoense Plane Tragedy
FIFA Club World Cup Set to Begin Under The Shadow of Chapecoense Plane Tragedy
Real Madrid Demand Respect For 'Exemplary' Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid Demand Respect For 'Exemplary' Cristiano Ronaldo
Show Comments
Advertisement