India vs Qatar FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifier Highlights: India Go Down Fighting, Lose 0-3 Against Qatar
FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifier, India vs Qatar Highlights: India went down fighting as they lost 0-3 against Qatar.
India vs Qatar, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifiers Highlights:India were defeated 0-3 against Qatar in the FIFA World Cup 2026 second round qualifier match in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday. Moustafa Tarek Mashal, Almoez Ai and Yousuf Abdurisag were the goal-scorers for Qatar. The win cements Qatar's position at the top of Group A with six points from two matches. India remain second with three points.
Here are the Highlights of the FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifiers match between India and Qatar, straight from Bhubaneswar, Odisha:
- 20:46 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Football World Cup: Qatar 3-0!Two more changes for India - Chhetri and Chhangte off for Rahul KP and Ishan Pandita. Fresh legs at the top of the field. However, it is Qatar who ends up scoring their third goal. A defensive miss and even Amrinder Singh could not do anything about it.India 0-3 Qatar
- 20:23 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Football World Cup: Midfield might!The Indian football team midfielders have been playing smart football. With Sunil Chhetri penetrating the spaces between the central defenders, the midfielders are looking for that important through pass and with Samad in place of Thapa, more fresh legs for the hosts.India 0-2 Qatar
- 19:51 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Football World Cup: Half time!It is half-time and India trail 0-1 against Qatar. A very good show from Qatar but it was certainly not without its flaws. India got the scent of blood but in the second half, their main aim will be to get that one goal which can change the game on its head.
- 19:24 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Football World Cup: Tale of two saves!Amrinder Singh experiencing it all in the space of 5 minutes. A tentative save and a bad clearance almost resulted in the second goal before Sandesh Jhingan cleared the lines. However, just after that incident, Amrinder was ready to pull off a solid save to deny Afif a well-earned goal.India 0-1 Qatar
- 19:16 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Score: Possession supremacy!The interesting thing till now in the match has been India's intent with the ball on their feet. When it comes to the possession statistics, India have a small advantage with Chhangte and Thapa causing some serious problems on both wings.India 0-1 Qatar
- 19:08 (IST)India vs Qatar LIVE: Qatar score!The initial pressure pays off for Qatar and they have taken the lead! India just could not clear the ball and it resulted in Qatar taking multiple chances - one of which ended up at the back of the goal. Mustafa Meshaal was the scorer and India are looking quite clueless.India 0-1 Qatar
- 18:51 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Score: India confident!The Indian football team head coach Igor Stimac sounded extremely confident ahead of the crunch game against Qatar. He seemed unfazed by the challenge that Qatar will pose in the match and pointed out that the home support can charge up the players and result in a huge win for Indian football.
- 18:40 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Score: History not on India's sideIndia have never advanced to the third round of AFC's FIFA World Cup qualifiers and that will surely be at the back of their mind. The win against Kuwait was the perfect start to a strong campaign and this game against Qatar in front of the home support can solidify their spot as a tough contender.
- 18:28 (IST)
- 18:19 (IST)India vs Qatar Live Score: Big game for India!With a win over Kuwait and Afghanistan arguably being the weakest side in the group, a draw or win against Qatar will be huge for India. However, we cannot forget that ranked 61 in the world, Qatar are coming off a 8-1 thrashing of Afghanistan in their earlier match.
- 18:06 (IST)India vs Qatar LIVE: Hello and welcomeWelcome to the live coverage of the FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier match between India and Qatar. India showed brilliant form by beating Kuwait in their previous match but against a formidable opposition like Qatar, Sunil Chhetri and Co will have to put in an even better performance.