Barcelona rubbish talks of Cesc Fabregas exit

Updated: 20 July 2013 17:39 IST

The reigning Premier League champions made a 26 million pound bid for the former Arsenal captain but the Catalans rejected saying Fabregas would not leave Camp Nou at any cost, reports Xinhua.

Barcelona rubbish talks of Cesc Fabregas exit
©

Madrid:

Barcelona gave Manchester United a body blow in their quest to sign Cesc Fabregas saying the Spanish midfielder was not for sale.

The reigning Premier League champions Thursday made a 26 million pound bid for the former Arsenal captain but the Catalans rejected saying Fabregas would not leave Camp Nou at any cost, reports Xinhua.

"We can assure you that we won't listen to any offers for Cesc. It is not an option. Cesc is non-transferable," Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartome said Friday.

The 26-year-old, who spent eight years at Arsenal, was signed for 34 million euros by Barcelona in 2011. The Spanish international has continuously reiterated his stand to stay with his boyhood club and Barcelona has finally quelled talk of an exit.

Manchester United had earlier missed out on Spain U-21 captain Thiago Alcantara, who decided to join former manager Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.

The English champions now look thin in the midfield with the retirement of Paul Scholes and an ageing Ryan Giggs. Rumours have been floating that United are readying a 60 million pound bid for Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale and make the Welshman their marquee signing of the summer.

Related Articles
Pressure on Claudio Ranieri Inevitable, Says Sevilla Manager Jorge Sampaoli
Pressure on Claudio Ranieri Inevitable, Says Sevilla Manager Jorge Sampaoli
Monchi's magic leads Sevilla into Europe's elite
Monchi's magic leads Sevilla into Europe's elite
Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur Enter FA Cup Quarterfinals
Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur Enter FA Cup Quarterfinals
Show Comments
Advertisement