Samet Hyuseinov has promised to send Vijender Singh back to India "beaten and broken" come December 19 but the Indian boxing star merely breaks into laughter at the very mention of the threat, saying he would respond in kind inside the ring. (Vijender Singh Says Pro-Boxing Victory a Diwali Gift for India)
Speaking to PTI from Manchester, Vijender (75kg) said he has increased his sparring sessions ahead of his third bout and is focussing on endurance and power.
"How do you respond to such threats? I can only laugh, let him say what he feel like. He has all the freedom to say what he wants. But I talk only in the ring and in a language he will understand quite well," the former Olympic World Championships bronze-medallist said.
Bulgaria's Hyuseinov is the most experienced rival of Vijender's nascent pro career so far, having fought 14 bouts and winning seven.
But the 30-year-old Indian is least perturbed.
"If he is experienced, than I am no less. I am an Olympic medallist. Obviously he is more experienced in the pro circuit but I am experienced enough not to be affected by it," he said.
"My USP is that I hardly ever get worried. I know it's my job and I will be facing up to a variety of people, so I don't get too affected," he added.
Talking about his training, Vijender said not much has changed apart from the increased frequency of sparring sessions.
"My focus is on endurance and power and for that I am sparring a lot more. I have longer sparring sessions against guys who are competing in WBO. So, I get thrashed a lot but all of it is helping me," he said, again breaking into a chuckle.
"But after the bout I am looking forward to a nice new year celebration," he signed off.