Speculation may continue to surround Lewis Hamilton and whether or not the McLaren driver will make a move out next season. The team's technical director Paddy Loew though has said that while a change of driver will not have a huge impact on the fresh design, work has begun on the basis of the assumption that theÂ Briton and Jenson Button will drive next season as well.
In a report in BBC, Loew said that both Hamilton and Button are excellent drivers and that the team would be keen on having them around next year. "It is our assumption that they are the drivers who we will be fielding next year. We have two fantastic drivers in Lewis and Jenson and we are very keen to keep them," he was quoted as saying on Wednesday, adding though that a change of drivers was 'ordinarily, not a huge issue'.
It was reported earlier this month that Hamilton may switch over to Mercedes with BBC reporting on Eddie Jordon's claim that the 27-year-old racer had agreed to the terms. Hamilton though had told NDTV earlier this week that he had arrived at no decision and his entire focus was on winning the ongoing F1 season.
Hamilton's interview to NDTV: