Felipe Massa says he has "put a lid" on the row that erupted with Lewis Hamilton at last month's Singapore Grand Prix after the Brazilian interrupted a television interview to confront his rival.
The 30-year-old Ferrari driver, who was livid with the Briton after Hamilton crashed into the back of Massa's car at the Marina Bay Circuit, said he would avoid another off-track confrontation with the McLaren driver.
Speaking at Suzuka on Thursday ahead of this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix, Massa said: "If he comes to speak to me, it's fine. I tried to speak to him, but he didn't want to speak to me. That's why I was disappointed.
"If I was in his position, I would say sorry. I will not go to him to speak to him. I had a tyre punctured in my race, so I have nothing to speak to him about.
"Lewis and I will find a way to put a lid on this story. It's only correct between two drivers (and) what happens on the track should remain on the track."
Hamilton was given a drive-through penalty but recovered to finish fifth in Singapore, while Massa, who had to pit with a punctured left rear tyre, struggled to ninth.
"I have nothing to say because everything he does, he pays for," said Massa, barely attempting to hide his contempt for the McLaren driver, whom he has accused before of being reckless.
"The (sport's governing body) FIA is doing what is inside the regulations. If you cause an accident, or if you drive not in the right way, you are going to have a drive-through (penalty), and he had a drive-through."