Malaysia Airlines missing: F1 to go on as per schedule in Sepang

Updated: 17 March 2014 17:58 IST

The March 30 race will be organised in Malaysia according to plans despite the sudden and as yet unexplained disappearance of Malyasia Airlines flight MH 370.

Malaysia Airlines missing: F1 to go on as per schedule in Sepang

Sepang:

Malaysia's Grand Prix will go ahead as planned this month despite the national crisis over a missing airliner, but proceedings will be more subdued out of respect, the organiser said Monday.

"Whatever it is, Formula One will go on and the concert after that will proceed but we will be sensitive and not go overboard," said Razlan Razali, chief executive of the Sepang International Circuit where the annual race and subsequent musical extravaganza are held.

The race is set for March 30.

The Sepang circuit is next to Kuala Lumpur International Airport, from where Malaysian authorities are coordinating an international effort to find missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370.

The plane disappeared early in the morning of March 8 with 239 passengers and crew aboard, spawning a massive international search across Southeast Asia and the Indian Ocean that has so far turned up no trace of wreckage from the Boeing 777.

Malaysia Airlines also has housed anxious relatives of passengers in a pair of hotels not far from the airport as they await news.

"People are not in the mood for an event like this. Everywhere, be it on radio, newspaper, TV or social media, it is all about finding MH370," Razlan said.

Topics : Formula 1
Related Articles
Nico Rosberg Just A World Champion, Not Among Greats: F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone
Nico Rosberg Just A World Champion, Not Among Greats: F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone
Nico Rosberg Receives Formula One World Championship Trophy, Says 'Mission Accomplished'
Nico Rosberg Receives Formula One World Championship Trophy, Says 'Mission Accomplished'
Nico Rosberg - Master of The Road, And His Mind
Nico Rosberg - Master of The Road, And His Mind
Show Comments
Advertisement