Kimi Raikkonen is poised to make a decision on his future in Formula One this week, amid growing speculation that he will leave Lotus and rejoin Ferrari for 2014.
The Finnish driver's future at Lotus was the talk of the paddock in the aftermath of last weekend's Italian Grand Prix, while there were also suggestions that Ferrari will replace Brazilian Felipe Massa after eight years.
Should the the moves go through, Ferrari will have an all-star driver line-up of former champions with Raikkonen -- the 2007 title winner -- alongside two-time champion Fernando Alonso of Spain.
If Raikkonen leaves Lotus, he could be replaced by any of Massa, Germany's Nico Hulkenberg, now with Sauber, or a younger driver.
Raikkonen had been waiting to receive assurances from Lotus about the team's financial and technical strength for next season, his advisers said.
Ferrari are widely believed to want to make an announcement on their driver line-up this week, probably on Wednesday, as president Luca di Montezemolo said at Monza.
Lotus team chief Eric Boullier said after Sunday's race that Raikkonen was aware of what was on offer with the team.
"The decision rests more with him because he has an offer from us," he said.
"We know he has a couple of things we have to supply and deal with to close the discussion.
"But now Kimi is in a position where he is being chased by most of the paddock and he will decide.
"He knows what he gets with us but he doesn't know what he will get if he changes teams."