India vs Kuwait Highlights, SAFF Championship Final 2023: India Beat Kuwait 5-4 On Penalties To Clinch 9th SAFF Championship Title
IND vs KUW, SAFF Championship 2023 Highlights: India defeated Kuwait 5-4 on penalties to clinch a record-extending ninth SAFF Championship title.
India vs Kuwait Highlights, SAFF Championship Final 2023: India beat Kuwait 5-4 in penalties after the match ended 1-1 in regulation time to clinch their ninth SAFF Championship title. Alkhaldi opened the scoring for Kuwait but Lallianzuala Chhangte found the all-important equaliser. In the penalty shootout, Udanta Singh missed one penalty for India while Abdullah hit the post for Kuwait. The match went into sudden death and it was Gurpreet Singh Sandhu who saved the penalty from Hajiah to clinch the win.
Here are the Highlights from SAFF Championship final match between India and Kuwait, straight from Bengaluru:
- 22:08 (IST)
- 21:48 (IST)
- 21:35 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Advantage India!India and Kuwait are both looking to find that one small advantage in extra-time but the hosts will certainly have an extra edge. India went through the same process when they faced Lebanon in the semifinal and that experience can actually turn out to be crucial in this situation.
- 21:29 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Extra Time!Regulation time is over and it is extra-time where this game will be decided. 30 minutes of action to come and if the scores remain level, it will be penalty shootout. India had a final chance to win the game but Udanta Singh lost his footing and Kuwait defenders were able to salvage the situation.
- 21:21 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Close shave!India are living quite dangerously at the moment. A free kick from a very dangerous position was deflected away by the Indian wall and the resultant corner could have been a problem if it was not saved well by Gurpreet. The goalkeeper has looked in form till now and he can prove to be the difference between the two teams!
- 21:05 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Changes for IndiaTwo substitutions for India - Mahesh in for Thapa and Rohit in for Kuruniyan. The intent is quite clear - strengthen the wings and inject pace into the game. However, the first involvement from Rohit was not quite what India wanted as he ended up getting a yellow card for a needless foul.
- 20:56 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Chhangte on the prowlA great chance for Chhangte but his shot was just not strong enough. Chhetri headed it down but Chhangte was not able to place it properly as India continue to hunt for the second goal. Meanwhile, the intensity has certainly gone up in the last 15 minutes as Kuwait have seen two yellow cards in the period.
- 20:47 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: End-to-end stuff!Two good attacks from India down the wingers with Anirudh Thapa facing a solid run followed by Mishra almost finding a great cross inside the penalty box. However, none of them could result in a straightforward chance. On the other hand, even Kuwait had a good chance but it was cleared by Jhingan.
- 20:24 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: 1-1 at half-timeA good end to the first half for India as they got a corner which was narrowly saved by the Kuwait defenders and although there were no goals after the Chhangte strike, there was no shortage of intent. Sahal looked in pain after a crunching tackle but India will take heart from how they fought back and have overall performed in the half.
- 20:12 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: India make it 1-1!What a team goal! Ashique controlled the ball and passed it to Chhetri whose perfectly placed through pass found Sahal inside the penalty box. Sahal could have taken the shot but he decided to pass it in Chhangte's direction who made no mistake in converting the chance! India 1-1 Kuwait
- 20:05 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: India without StimacNo Igor Stimac for India on the sidelines as the head coach was handed a two-match suspension for his second red card of the competition during the previous match against Kuwait. Another bad news for India as Anwar Ali is stretchered off and he will be replaced by Mehtab Singh.
- 19:12 (IST)IND vs KUW Live: Chhetri Factor!Sunil Chhetri has been the top performer for the Indian football team till now with 5 goals in the competition and it comes as no surprise that the skipper will be the player to watch out for when it comes to the hosts. A clash against Kuwait will not be easy by any stretch of imagination but a moment of magic by Chhetri can decide the fate of the teams.
- 18:50 (IST)IND vs KUW Final LIVE: Headache for IndiaIndia might just appear to have a slight upper hand in front of a hugely partisan home crowd at the Kanteerava Stadium.But there is a worrying aspect. Will India be able to give their best in the final after they were made to toil for two matches in succession?
- 18:36 (IST)SAFF Championship final live: Familiar rivals!India were stretched to a penalty shootout by Lebanon in the semifinals before winning 4-2, while Kuwait had to wait till extra time to eke out a 1-0 victory over Bangladesh. In fact, this will be the second time India will face Kuwait in the tournament. They had played out a 1-1 draw in an acrimonious Group A match last week.