Transfer news: Alejandro Pozuelo swells Swansea's Spanish contingent

Updated: 03 July 2013 12:53 IST

Swansea had earlier announced the arrivals of teenagers Gregor Zabret, a 17-year-old Slovenian goalkeeper, and Alex Gogic, a 19-year old Cypriot midfielder.

Transfer news: Alejandro Pozuelo swells Swansea's Spanish contingent
©

London:

Spanish midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo has joined Swansea City from La Liga club Real Betis for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League side announced on Tuesday.

Pozuelo, who has signed a three-year contract, is the third Spanish player to arrive at the Liberty Stadium in the last week.

The 21-year-old follows former Betis team-mate Jose Canas and Jordi Amat, who arrived from Espanyol, and brings the number of Spaniards playing for the south Wales club to seven.

"Since I've been a little boy, it has been my dream to play in the Premier League. I am very happy to have joined Swansea City," Pozuelo told the club's official website.

"The style of the team suits me, and so too does the style of the manager (Michael Laudrup). Of course, there are a lot of Spanish players here, including my old Betis team-mate Jose Canas, and that will help me to settle quickly.

"I am looking to improve my English immediately as I want to communicate better with my team-mates. On the pitch I just want to give everything I have to the club in order to help the team this season."

Swansea had earlier announced the arrivals of teenagers Gregor Zabret, a 17-year-old Slovenian goalkeeper, and Alex Gogic, a 19-year old Cypriot midfielder.

Swansea, who won the League Cup last season and finished ninth in the Premier League, begin a 10-day pre-season tour of the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Related Articles
Jose Mourinho Says Manchester Attack Victims in United's 'Minds And Hearts'
Jose Mourinho Says Manchester Attack Victims in United's 'Minds And Hearts'
Ex-Barcelona President Arrested In Money Laundering Probe
Ex-Barcelona President Arrested In Money Laundering Probe
India Says No 2010 Commonwealth Games Shambles at Under-17 World Cup
India Says No 2010 Commonwealth Games Shambles at Under-17 World Cup
Show Comments
Advertisement