No Formula One invite for Ajay Maken: Sources

Updated: 29 October 2011 21:25 IST

Sports Minister Ajay Maken has not been invited to the ongoing Indian Formula One. According to sources, Maken was not invited because the sports ministry had earlier denied excise and customs exemptions on the logic that F1 was an elite sport.

No Formula One invite for Ajay Maken: Sources

New Delhi:

Sports Minister Ajay Maken has not been invited to the ongoing Indian Formula One.

According to sources, Maken was not invited because the sports ministry had earlier denied excise and customs exemptions on the logic that F1 was an elite sport. It is learnt that an exemption to the tune of Rs 600 crore had been asked for and was denied.

Maken on Saturday, while the final practice session was taking place at the Buddh International Circuit, tweeted: When F1 is flagged off; as Sports Min I am laying foundation stone for 5cr synthetic track at P.T.Usha's academy in Koyilandi near Calicut.



Topics : Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix Buddh International Circuit
Related Articles
Nico Rosberg Receives Formula One World Championship Trophy, Says 'Mission Accomplished'
Nico Rosberg Receives Formula One World Championship Trophy, Says 'Mission Accomplished'
Nico Rosberg - Master of The Road, And His Mind
Nico Rosberg - Master of The Road, And His Mind
Lewis Hamilton Sad, Not Surprised by Nico Rosberg's Retirement
Lewis Hamilton Sad, Not Surprised by Nico Rosberg's Retirement
Show Comments
Advertisement