Ferrari rules out Vettel move

Updated: 15 October 2012 15:04 IST

The president of Ferrari, Luca di Montezemolo, on Monday rejected reports that double Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was set to join the Italian outfit.

Ferrari rules out Vettel move
©

Paris:

The president of Ferrari, Luca di Montezemolo, on Monday rejected reports that double Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel was set to join the Italian outfit.

"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house. I don't like that and it creates instability in the team," he told Italian radio.

Germany's Vettel, currently racing for Red Bull, is the reigning Formula One champion and on Sunday drove to victory in the South Korean Grand Prix, leapfrogging Ferrari's Fernando Alonso at the top of the drivers' standings.

Montezemolo was speaking amid reports that Vettel was set to join Ferrari in 2014 with any move dependent on the team's results next season.

Alonso had sanctioned the move after previously ruling out pairing up with Lewis Hamilton, who will move from McLaren to Mercedes next season, according to unnamed sources at Ferrari quoted by the BBC on its website.

The Spaniard won the world title in 2005 and 2006 with Renault but has not finished above second with the Italian team.

Topics : Kimi Raikkonen Felipe Massa Ferrari Turkish Grand Prix Formula 1
Related Articles
Russian Grand Prix: Valtteri Bottas Claims Maiden Win For Mercedes Ahead Of Sebastian Vettel
Russian Grand Prix: Valtteri Bottas Claims Maiden Win For Mercedes Ahead Of Sebastian Vettel
Formula One: Sebastian Vettel Grabs Pole for Russian GP In Ferrari One-Two
Formula One: Sebastian Vettel Grabs Pole for Russian GP In Ferrari One-Two
Chinese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton Romps To Pole Ahead Of Sebastian Vettel
Chinese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton Romps To Pole Ahead Of Sebastian Vettel
Show Comments
Advertisement