Who was saying what on Twitter about Andy Murray's Wimbledon triumph:
"Can't believe what's just happened!!!!!!!"
- Andy Murray's first tweet as a Wimbledon champion came less than 90 minutes after his victory
"Just landed,so sad to miss this historic moment!!well done sir @andy_murray !!!"
- World number six Tomas Berdych
"Dreams do come true when you work hard! Congratulations @andy_murray. @judmoo must be so proud!!! #tears."
- Tracy Austin @thetracyaustin
"All winners need a great team. Well done Ivan Lendl & Team Murray for the fabulous win at #wimbledon. Can't wait for the US Open."
- Richard Branson
"Yes my husband #rocked his kilt today in support of @andy_murray he even wore this @Wimbledon w/guns and roses T '08."
- US women's player Bethanie Mattek-Sands
"England are gonna win the world cup now! #dreamsarecomimgtrue."
- British touring pro, Oliver Golding
"Congratulations @andy_murray "it was all a blur!" What an incredible effort! #BRILLIANTBRIT."
- Nick Faldo
"What an incredible day!! So proud of my lil bro! What a champion!!"
- Jamie Murray
"Andy Murray?not many deserve it more.."
- India's Sania Mirza
.....AND DURING THE MATCH.....
"Just creeped past the match time of the ladies final yesterday.#notquitedoneyet...These guys won't be able to stand if they play 5 .."
- Andy Roddick
"Have you ever met anyone that has had their arm broken by a swan?"
- Tim Henman on TV commentary
Wow....I've gone n got me coat as I've got chills watching this! What a moment. Serving for the championship
- Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand savours the drama of the final moments of Murray's triumph
"I'm really jealous of Kim Sears' hair. REALLY jealous. And yes, I had to google "jealous" to spell it right."
- German player Andrea Petkovic