London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Friday insisted he has no intention of panicking over Luis Suarez's future after the Uruguay striker hinted he would consider an offer from a more successful club.
With Liverpool unlikely to qualify for next season's Champions League, many reports have claimed Suarez will be targeted by big-spending Paris Saint Germain, Juventus and Manchester City.
And ahead of World Cup qualifiers last week the 26-year-old gave an interview in his homeland which fuelled the speculation as he suggested he would listen to offers from Champions League teams.
Losing Suarez, Liverpool's most influential performer this season with 29 goals in all competitions, would be a major blow.
But Rodgers claims there is no need for Reds fans to fear the departure of their talisman.
"I haven't spoken to Luis yet. He was back late yesterday and we just ran the medical team over him and he trained this morning," he said.
"All I am aware of is we have an outstanding player who has given everything for the club and he is very happy here.
"Every time he goes away, there is always something. I always say to players I have a simple rule: when you are with Liverpool just talk about Liverpool and when you are away with your international team concentrate on your international team so there is no drama.
"So what he says when he is with Uruguay is of no great relevance to Liverpool."