Milan: Brazilian forward Ricardo Kaka said he still believes in his World Cup chances but refused to rule out leaving AC Milan amid speculation he could opt to play in the United States from next season.
Kaka has appeared only sporadically for Brazil in recent years but was called into Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad for friendlies with Italy and Russia last year.
After scoring a brace in a 3-0 win over Chievo on Saturday in his 300th game for the Rossoneri, Kaka said: "There's still time for the World Cup. I just have to keep playing well with Milan.
"On May 7 the squad will be announced, and I believe I'm still in with a chance."
Kaka, meanwhile, refused to rule out leaving the club at the end of what has been a torrid campaign for the Serie A giants.
The Brazilian, who won the Champions League and the Ballon D'Or while playing for Milan from 2003-2009, returned to Milan at the start of the current season following an unsuccessful spell with Real Madrid.
However recently he has been linked with a move to the Orlando City Soccer club, which is set to debut in the Major Soccer League (MLS).
A tweet posted by Orlando founder and president Philip Rawlins on Saturday said: "@OrlandoCitySC we're ready when you are Ricardo :)"
Kaka is believed to have a clause in his contract that allows him to quit Milan at the end of this season if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.
Milan are currently 19 points behind Napoli in the first Champions League qualifying spot and have little chance of qualifying for Europe's premier club event.
Asked about his intentions at the end of the campaign, Kaka appeared dismissive: "I'm happy here and I hope to stay. We'll see how things are at the end of the season.
However speculation is mounting and club CEO Adriano Galliani said: "Ricky has the clause in his contract (that allows him to leave), but we hope he doesn't exercise it."