Rory McIlroy says no deal yet with Nike

Updated: 07 November 2012 14:08 IST

World number one Rory McIlroy on Wednesday dismissed reports he has already signed a multi-million dollar deal with Nike, but said there would be an announcement in the next few weeks.

Rory McIlroy says no deal yet with Nike
©

Singapore:

World number one Rory McIlroy on Wednesday dismissed reports he has already signed a multi-million dollar deal with Nike, but said there would be an announcement in the next few weeks.

McIlroy said he had not committed to any sponsor for next season and remained under Titleist until the end of the year, when his deal with the American equipment-maker will be allowed to lapse.

"I'm a Titleist player until the end of the year, I've made no commitment to any company for next year," he said ahead of the $6 million Barclays Singapore Open.

"It's a process we're working through and you'll probably hear about it in the next few weeks."

Britain's Daily Mail last week reported that McIlroy had signed a deal with Nike that could earn him $250 million over 10 years, and that he had already filmed a commercial for the firm with world number two Tiger Woods.

Topics : Golf Rory McIlroy Board of Control for Cricket in India
Related Articles
Tiger Woods Turns 41 With Comeback Plans For 2017
Tiger Woods Turns 41 With Comeback Plans For 2017
Golf's Tiger Woods Hits The Links With Donald Trump
Golf's Tiger Woods Hits The Links With Donald Trump
SSP Chawrasia's Allegations Are False, Rubbish: IOA
SSP Chawrasia's Allegations Are False, Rubbish: IOA
Show Comments
Advertisement