Hyderabad:The Deccan Chargers will take all necessary precautions to address the security concerns of players, officials and fans when the Indian Premier League's second season kicks off on April 10, a top official of the team management said here on Thursday.
"A central agency from South Africa has been appointed by the IPL. They will coordinate with us on security measures. This year we have planned with the police department to get the best security cover for players as well as spectators," Venkat Reddy, vice-president (Operations) of Deccan Chargers told reporters.
Asked if the Chargers expect more support from police for the high-profile event, Reddy said, "We had a discussion with the Additional DG (of police). In another two-three days we will have a security plan in place."
The team management has also hired a private security agency to advise them on how to go about ensuring safety, Reddy said.
"Any attack on players and spectators is same for us. We are making sure that everything is done properly. Thus we are taking help from the police to ensure a good job," he said.
Asked about the issue of Tim Wright quitting as CEO, Reddy said, "He had a problem with the foreign office. That was the reason. I think he resigned."
He said the management has decided not to have a CEO as the season has already started.
"Because the season has already started there is no point in having a CEO. We have divided our work among the commercial and operations," he said.
The Chargers, who finished bottom in the eight-team tournament last year, have signed up three foreigners Ryan Harris, Fidel Edwards and Dwayne Smith and five Indians - Abhinav Kumar, T Suman, SM Shoiab, Jaskarandeep Singh and HS Bansal - for the new season.
A camp for players would be held from April 1 and the team is expected to open this year's campaign against Kolkata Knight Riders on April 11.