London: Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti admits he still doesn't know if he will be in charge at Stamford Bridge next season.
Ancelotti joined his players on the traditional lap of honour that followed the final home game of the season after his side's 2-2 draw with Newcastle on Sunday.
But with doubts surrounding Ancelotti's future, the Italian conceded he was unsure whether he was signalling a final farewell to the club's supporters after two seasons in charge.
Chelsea's failure to win silverware this season and the team's alarming dip in mid-season has thrown the focus on Ancelotti's position despite his success in guiding the club to its first ever league and FA Cup double last season.
Demanding Blues owner Roman Abramovich has already been linked with moves for Turkey coach Guus Hiddink, who had a brief spell as temporary Chelsea boss in 2009, and former Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard.
But Ancelotti is still unsure if Abramovich will wield the axe after Chelsea surrendered the Premier League title to Manchester United.
"Everyone can give the opinion about this, about my job here," he said. "It is the club that has to take a decision and judge my job. If my job was good, I will stay."
"If they think it was not good, I will have to go. In my opinion, sometimes I did a good job. Sometimes I could do better. There is no meeting planned until now."
Ancelotti denied it had been difficult taking the lap of honour with his job in the balance.
"It is the tradition of the club," he said. "For me, it was normal to say thanks to them for the support I've received."
"Today, also, they gave me fantastic support. For all this season, even when the moment was not so good, they stayed close to the team and to the players."
"My emotion? I don't know what happens and I want to wait. After that I can explain."
Ancelotti admits he should learn his fate some time soon after the final game of the season at Everton on Sunday.
"I don't know what will happen," he said. "We have to wait just one week. A week is not a long period, and we will see what happens."
And when asked if he thought he would remain in his post, he added: "I think so."
Ancelotti was left frustrated after his side twice conceded the lead with Newcastle's Jonas Gutierrez cancelling out Branislav Ivanovic's second minute opening goal and Steven Taylor clinching a point for the visitors in added time after Alex had put Chelsea 2-1 up.
"We started the game well, playing well and scoring, and were unlucky to concede," Ancelotti said. "We had a lot of difficulties but scored again, but we needed more concentration at the end."
"We've conceded in the last minute a lot of times this season. We've lost a lot of points that way."
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is hopeful of bringing in a number of new players to the club this summer and believes his side's display at Stamford Bridge will encourage owner Mike Ashley to invest.
"Newcastle is a big, big club. We want to attract one or two big players and bring on one or two young players," he said. "Those are the advances you need if you want to be successful."
"The supporters will be waiting for a few big new players to come in. A performance like that will give the owner belief as well, that we're doing things in the right way.
"If I was the owner, I'd think my investment was a bit more secure."
But Pardew conceded he had little hope of luring Chelsea striker Didier Drogba to St James' Park.
"I'm a big fan of Didier's," he added. "I don't think I'll entice him to the north-east. I think it's a bit cold for Didier at this stage of his career."
"Foreign players come to these shores and some set the example for others to follow. He's done that at Chelsea, and he'll probably continue to do that for one or two years still."