New Delhi:Front-runner to replace Dilip Vengsarkar as the chief selector in case the incumbent steps down from the post, former captain Chandu Borde on Monday indicated he was not averse to the idea if BCCI approaches him.
Vengsarkar and the Board have been on collision course for quite a while and with BCCI announcing that the chief selector was free to quit if he has problems with the Board's guidelines that prevent him from writing columns, Borde's name started doing the rounds as a possible successor to the Mumbaikar.
"It is premature to say anything about the job but I can confidently say that I have always delivered the goods in different capacities in the past -- be it as chief selector or cricket manager," said the 73-year-old former allrounder, indicating his willingness to give it one more shot.
Borde, who had two stints as the chairman of the selection committee in the past, was reluctant to comment on the development and said he has not yet been sounded out by the Board.
"I've got no official communication from the Board, all I'm hearing is through what is being shown on television. I don't want to comment on anything until I officially hear anything from the Board," Borde said.
Borde was the manager of the Indian team during the UK tour earlier this year.