Group 1 (Super 12)
Group 2 (Super 12)
Group A (1st Round)
Group B (1st Round)
P : Played
W : Win
L : Loss
T : Tie
NR : No Results
NRR : Net Run Rate
PTS : Points
Win : 2 points
Tie, No Result or abandoned : 1 point
Loss : 0 point
ICC T20 WORLD CUP POINTS TABLE
- The 8th edition of the ICC T20 World Cup is currently underway in Australia, with 16 teams participating in it. The tournament started with a first round, which had a mix of full members and associate nations, vying for a spot in the elite Super 12 round, where the top 8 teams awaited four more participants. The first round had 8 teams divided into two groups of four each, with the top two going through.
- Group A witnessed a huge upset in the beginning as Namibia defeated 2014 champions Sri Lanka. But the Asia Cup champions roared back by winning their remaining two matches to finish in the top spot in the group. The Netherlands did their bit by beating Namibia and UAE to give themselves a good chance of qualifying. But the task was simple for the Namibians as they had to beat UAE to qualify. That didn't happen and the Dutch went through to the Super 12.
- Group B also started with a bang as two-time champs West Indies lost to Scotland. Zimbabwe beat the Irish but they lost to the Windies to make things interesting in the group. Ireland prevailed over Scotland to make the last round of matches extremely important. Zimbabwe qualified by beating Scotland while Ireland defeated West Indies to make the cut for the Super 12.
- Group 1 of Super 12 thus comprises of hosts and defending champs Australia, 2010 champs England, last year's runners-up New Zealand, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Ireland.
- While Group 2 comprises of Asian powerhouses India and Pakistan, along with South Africa, Netherlands, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.
- The top two teams from either group will play the semi-finals and the winners would then contest for the trophy in the summit clash on November 13 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.