Tokyo Olympics Highlights: India Beat Great Britain 3-1 To March Into Men's Hockey Semis
Tokyo Olympics Highlights: Indian men's hockey team beat Great Britain 3-1 in men's hockey quarterfinal to make the last four.
Dilpreet Singh, Gurjant Singh and Hardik Singh's goals helped India beat Great Britain in the men's hockey quarterfinal and make the semifinal of Tokyo Olympics on Sunday. India beat Great Britain 3-1 to make the last four. Dilpreet Singh scored in the first few minutes of the first quarter while Gurjant scored at the start of the second quarter. The Indians maintained their lead at half-time but Samuel Ian Ward got one goal against Great Britain's account in the dying moments of the third quarter, courtesy a penalty corner. But Hardik Singh scored in the fourth quarter to put India 3-1 ahead and the Indians maintained their lead till the end. Shuttler PV Sindhu secured a second medal for India at Tokyo Olympics as she won the bronze medal in women's singles badminton. Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win two individual medals at the Olympics after she defeated He Bing Jiao 21-13, 21-15 in the bronze medal match.
Earlier in the day, Indian boxer Satish Kumar lost by a unanimous decision against Bakhodir Jalolov of Uzbekistan in the men's Super Heavy (+91kg) category quarterfinal today.
In equestrian, India's Fouaad Mirza and Seigneur Medicott were at the 22nd position with a total penalty points of 39.20. The eventing, jumping Qualifiers will be held on August 2.
India's golfer Udayan Mane ended his 2020 Olympics journey at rank 56 while Anirban Lahiri finished at rank 42.
Germany's Alexander Zverev defeated Russia's Karen Khachanov to bag the gold medal in the men's singles tennis event. Zverev showed no signs of weakness as he went past his opponent 6-3, 6-1.
Here Are The Highlights From Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 19:14 (IST)A successful day for India comes to an end!PV Sindhu won the bronze medal in women's singles badminton and the men's hockey team set-up a clash against Belgium in the men's hockey semifinal as they beat Great Britain 3-1 in the quarterfinal.The Indian women's hockey team will be in action tomorrow as they take on Australia in the women's quarters.Join us tomorrow for all the updates from Tokyo Olympics 2020.Goodbye!
- 17:00 (IST)PV Sindhu's Bronze Match About To BeginWe are seconds away from PV Sindhu's bronze medal match against China's He Bing Jiao. You can follow the action from the badminton women's singles match here
- 16:57 (IST)Here is India's starting XI for the quarterfinal match
Presenting our Starting who will face Great Britain in the Quarter-Final.— Hockey India (@TheHockeyIndia) August 1, 2021
It's time to drop a and wish them luck.#INDvGBR #IndiaKaGame #HaiTayyar #Cheer4India #TeamIndia #Tokyo2020 #TokyoTogether #StrongerTogether #HockeyInvites #WeAreTeamIndia #Hockey pic.twitter.com/U8A7Z9hiR7
- 16:43 (IST)Nothing to separate the two!India and Great Britain have clashed eight times and both have won four times each.
We are less than an hour away from the fourth and final #Hockey men's quarter final game. #Tokyo2020— International Hockey Federation (@FIH_Hockey) August 1, 2021
Here is the head to head record between India and Great Britain at #Olympics.
Match starts at 2100 hrs local time. #HockeyInvites #INDvGBR@TheHockeyIndia @GBHockey
- 15:28 (IST)Tennis - Alexander Zverev vs Karen Khachanov - Gold Medal MatchMen's Singles Final - Alexander Zverev Wins GoldGermany's Alexander Zverev defeats Russia's Karen Khachanov to bag the gold medal in the men's singles tennis eventZverev showed no signs of weakness as he went past his opponent 6-3 6-1 to bag Germany's second ever gold in tennis singles at Olympics after Steffi Graf at Seoul 1988
- 13:29 (IST)US golfer Xander Schauffele wins gold!US golfer Xander Schauffele wins gold medal in men's individual Stroke Play while Rory Sabbatini of Slovakia has clinched the silver medal. There is a seven-man sudden-death playoff for bronze in two groupings going back to the 18th tee.
- 13:03 (IST)Australia Swimmer Emma McKeon !Australia's Emma McKeon won her seventh medal in Tokyo - No other female swimmer has ever achieved this feat at a single OlympicsEmma McKeon was part of the women's 4x100m relay team which defeated USA to win goldRead More Here: Australia Swimmer Emma McKeon Becomes First Female To Win Seven Medals At Single Olympics
- 09:27 (IST)Boxing - Bakhodir Jalolov vs Satish Kumar - QuarterfinalMen's Super Heavy (+91kg) CategoryIndian boxer Satish Kumar will be eying a semi-final berth but he will have to conquer the top seed in order to proceedCan Kumar go past Bakhodir Jalolov of Uzbekistan? Stay tuned for Live updates as the match starts in a while
- 08:52 (IST)Swimming - 4x100m Medley Relay - Men'sMen's Swimming - World RecordUS team of Ryan Murphy, Michael Andrew, Dressel and Zach Apple smash the world record with a time of 3min 26.78secBritain - Silver - 3:27.51Italy - Bronze - 3:29.17.