MI vs KXIP IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Kings XI Punjab Beat Mumbai Indians In Thrilling Match After Historic 2nd Super Over
MI vs KXIP IPL 2020 Highlights: KXIP have recorded an important win against MI, after a triumph in the second super over of a historic contest.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) defeated Mumbai Indians (MI) in Match 36 of IPL 2020, at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, on virtue of a triumph in the second super over with the match tied. Both the teams finished with the same score of 5 runs at the end of the first over, with MI losing 1 wicket and KXIP being 2 down. This forced the match into a historic second super over, where KXIP chased down a target of 12 runs following some excellent batting by Chris Gayle and Mayank Agarwal. Earlier, KXIP finished with a score of 176/6, following a sublime 77 from skipper KL Rahul, after being handed a target of 177 runs, forcing the tie into the first super over. Jasprit Bumrah delivered a terrific performance, picking three wickets. MI posted a total of 176 runs for the loss of six wickets in 20 overs, after skipper Rohit Sharma won the toss and opted to bat. Quinton de Kock was the highest run-scorer, smashing 53 runs off 43 deliveries in an innings comprising of three boundaries and as many sixes. De Kock enjoyed quality support from Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard and Nathan Coulter-Nile who chipped in with valuable knocks. Mohammed Shami and Arshdeep Singh accounted for two wickets apiece, with English pacer Chris Jordan completing one dismissal. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 36 Highlights Between Mumbai Indians And Kings XI Punjab, Straight From The Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match 36, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 18, 2020
- 00:14 (IST)Kings XI Punjab beat Mumbai IndiansKXIP have defeated MI as Mayank Agarwal gets another excellent boundary to help his side get across the line, making it two consecutive fours. What an excellent win for KXIP.
- 00:04 (IST)KXIP need 12 runs to win the second super overKXIP need 12 runs to win the second super over, following some wonderful fielding by Mayank Agarwal off the final delivery, as Kieron Pollard attempted to finish the super over with a six. MI 11/1 at the end of their innings
- 23:49 (IST)Match will go down to a second super overThe match will go down to a second super over following a run-out from the final delivery as Quinton de Kock is caught short of his crease, after some wonderful work from KL Rahul.
- 23:09 (IST)WICKET! KL Rahul b Jasprit Bumrah 77 (51)Jasprit Bumrah gets KL Rahul with a pin-point yorker bowled at 148.5kph. Massive dismissal. Chris Jordan is the new man in.
- 22:41 (IST)Half-century for KL RahulKL Rahul completes his 21st IPL half-century with a massive six, swivelling and depositing the ball over deep mid-wicket with a strong pull shot. Deepak Hooda is the new batsman in.