KKR vs RCB IPL 2020 Match Highlights: Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal Star As Royal Challengers Bangalore Thrash Kolkata Knight Riders By 8 Wickets
KKR vs RCB IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore jumped to the second spot on the points table, following the victory by a margin of 8 wickets against Kolkata Knight Riders.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) by eight wickets in match 39 of IPL 2020 at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The Bangalore based franchise were handed a target of 85 runs by KKR, which they managed to chase down in 13.3 overs. Opener Devdutt Padikkal (25) was the highest run-scorer. KKR were restricted to 84 runs for the loss of eight wickets, with skipper Eoin Morgan (30) the highest run-scorer. None of the other batsmen managed to make an impact after Morgan won the toss and opted to bat. The RCB bowlers were excellent, with Mohammed Siraj the star performer. Siraj accounted for three dismissals while conceding 8 runs in his spell of four runs. He further became the first bowler to deliver two maiden overs in an IPL match. The pacer received quality support from spinner Yuzvendra Chahal who picked two wickets. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2020 Match 39 Highlights Between Kolkata Knight Riders And Royal Challengers Bangalore, Straight From The Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Match 39, Indian Premier League, 2020, Oct 21, 2020
- 22:24 (IST)Royal Challengers Bangalore record a dominant winRCB have defeated KKR by eight wickets, recording a comprehensive win on the back of an excellent performance. Virat Kohli and Gurkeerat Singh completed a single after the former directed the ball to third man, spelling the end of the chase. The bowlers delivered a fantastic performance early on, with the batsmen helping the side get across the line without much hassle.
- 21:05 (IST)Siraj finishes his brilliant spell on an excellent noteSiraj has ended his spell of four overs with eight runs conceded while picking three wickets. The pacer conceded just six runs off the 19th over of the innings, making his presence felt. Siraj further became the first bowler to bowl two maiden overs in an IPL match, during the course of this spell.
- 20:53 (IST)
- 20:37 (IST)WICKET! Pat Cummins c Devdutt Padikkal b Yuzvendra Chahal 4 (17)Yuzvendra Chahal gets his second wicket of the innings accounting for the dismissal of Pat Cummins for just 4. Cummins attempted a loft over extra cover following a teasing legbreak bowled outside off-stump, chipping the ball off the toe-end to Devdutt Padikkal at long-off. Kuldeep Yadav is the new man in.
- 20:19 (IST)
- 20:04 (IST)KKR in deep trouble at the end of powerplayKKR are in deep trouble at the end of the powerplay, having scored just 17 runs for the loss of four wickets. Some brilliant fielding by the RCB players, with Mohammed Siraj conceding just two runs off three overs, having picked three wickets so far. KKR 17/4 after 6 overs
- 19:47 (IST)WICKET! Shubman Gill c Chris Morris b Navdeep Saini 1 (6)Shocking start for KKR as Shubman Gill departs for 1 run off 6 deliveries. Gill attempted to pull a short bowled outside off at 140.7kph without being in control of the short, with Chris Morris completing an easy catch. Dinesh Karthik is the new man in.
- 19:39 (IST)WICKET! Rahul Tripathi c AB de Villiers b Mohammed Siraj 1 (4)Early breakthrough for RCB as Rahul Tripathi is dismissed for 1, having induced an edge to wicketkeeper AB de Villiers. Tripathi attempted to guide the gentle outswinger towards third man, without proper control resulting in an edge. Nitish Rana is the new man in.