London: David Beckham will discuss a new two-year contract with Real Madrid next week. "There is a significant deal on the table from Real. It's slightly more than he's currently on," Beckham's agent, Simon Oliveira, said on Wednesday. The former England captain's current contract with Madrid ends in June, but he is allowed to negotiate with other clubs during the January transfer window and can leave with Madrid's permission. But Oliveira said Beckham would "know by March what he is going to do," indicating that the midfielder would prefer to stay at Madrid until the end of the season. "David intends to play a major role for Real Madrid for the remainder of the season," said Oliveira. Significant deal The 31-year-old's place at Madrid has been in question with the arrival of midfielder Fernando Gago from Argentine club Boca Juniors last month. "The primary reason for any decision David makes will be a footballing one. He wants to take time over this decision. It will be the last significant deal of his football career," added Oliveira. Beckham has started only seven games in 24 this season, being used mostly off the bench by manager Fabio Capello. It has been suggested Beckham could return to the Premier League, move to Italy or play for a Major League Soccer club in the United States. Los Angeles Galaxy is among the clubs reportedly interested. The British press had been reporting that image rights of which Madrid holds 50 per cent, were holding up a new contract, a claim Oliveira said was not "a deal breaker." Madrid is third in the Spanish league with 32 points, five behind leader Sevilla.