Oliveira denies deal with Sao Paulo

Updated: 25 February 2007 10:34 IST

Sao Paulo said it has reached an agreement to acquire Brazil striker Ricardo Oliveira on loan, but the player denied a deal had been closed.

Oliveira denies deal with Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo:

World club champion Sao Paulo said on Friday it has reached an agreement to acquire Brazil striker Ricardo Oliveira on loan from Spain's Real Betis. However, Oliveira denied that a deal had been closed. Sao Paulo director Edgar Galvao announced that the club signed Oliveira from Betis until the end of the Copa Libertadores on August 10. However, the player said he was surprised with the news. "We haven't reached an agreement yet," Oliveira told the Agencia Estado news service. "I have offers from Sao Paulo and Santos, but I need to talk to Betis directors to see what they think." Oliveira had been constantly summoned for Brazil's national team until he suffered a serious knee injury and underwent surgery last November. The striker has been in Brazil since then, being treated by some of Sao Paulo's doctors. (AP)

Topics : Football
Related Articles
ISL 2016: Atletico de Kolkata Host Mumbai City in First Leg of Semifinals
ISL 2016: Atletico de Kolkata Host Mumbai City in First Leg of Semifinals
83 Child Sex Abuse Suspects, Nearly 100 Football Clubs: Police
83 Child Sex Abuse Suspects, Nearly 100 Football Clubs: Police
Cristiano Ronaldo Publishes Details of 225 Million Euro Income
Cristiano Ronaldo Publishes Details of 225 Million Euro Income
Show Comments
Advertisement