SA tour on schedule: Sources

Updated: 22 October 2007 18:16 IST

Sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board have told NDTV that South Africa's tour of Pakistan will go ahead as scheduled.

SA tour on schedule: Sources
©

New Delhi:

Sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board have told NDTV that South Africa's tour of Pakistan will go ahead as scheduled.

The decision comes despite the late night blasts in Karachi on Thursday that killed atleast 139 people. However the match scheduled for Karachi will be shifted out to another venue, probably Multan.

South Africa won the test series 1-0 and are currently 1-0 up in the five match ODI series.

The fifth and final match of the series was to be played in Karachi. The South African Board has been assessing the security situation in Pakistan for the last several hours and said that the safety of their players is of paramount importance.

Teams have previously pulled out of tours to Pakistan because of violence in Karachi. Most recently, the Champions Trophy in hockey was shifted to Malaysia because of the participant's reluctance to play in Karachi.

Topics : Cricket
Related Articles
3rd ODI: Ben Stokes' Fifty Lifts England to 321-8 vs India in Kolkata
3rd ODI: Ben Stokes' Fifty Lifts England to 321-8 vs India in Kolkata
Australia Beat Pakistan by 86 Runs, Clinch ODI Series
Australia Beat Pakistan by 86 Runs, Clinch ODI Series
Ravindra Jadeja Becomes First Indian Left-Arm Spinner to Complete 150 Scalps in ODIs
Ravindra Jadeja Becomes First Indian Left-Arm Spinner to Complete 150 Scalps in ODIs
Show Comments
Advertisement