No more elbowing in 2009: Gambhir

Updated: 12 January 2009 15:41 IST

Indian opener Gautam Gambhir promises to be more responsible this year and has vowed to avoid a repeat of the 'elbow-hitting' incident.

No more elbowing in 2009: Gambhir

New Delhi:

His temper was as much a talking point as his fantastic run with the bat in 2008 but Indian opener Gautam Gambhir promises to be more responsible this year and has vowed to avoid a repeat of the 'elbow-hitting' incident that resulted in a one-Test ban last season.

"I have resolved to be more calm, more responsible and no more elbowing. Missing the Nagpur Test (against Australia after hitting all-rounder Shane Watson with the elbow) was the lowest point of my career," Gambhir said when asked about his new year resolutions.

"I don't want to get into any trouble of that sort and will be more responsible," he told 'NDTV'.

Enjoying a break from cricket after India cancelled its tour of Pakistan in the wake of Mumbai terror attacks, Gambhir said he desperately needed some time off after the gruelling playing schedule last year.

"It's a much deserved break. I am spending some time with my family. We had been playing continuously for so long that it (the break) is quite nice," said the left-handed opener.

Topics : Cricket Gautam Gambhir
Related Articles
Wankhede Pitch Pretty Similar to 2012 Track, Says R Ashwin
Wankhede Pitch Pretty Similar to 2012 Track, Says R Ashwin
Keaton Jennings Says Scoring Century on Debut is a Dream Come True
Keaton Jennings Says Scoring Century on Debut is a Dream Come True
Supreme Court Hearing on BCCI-Lodha Panel Logjam on December 9
Supreme Court Hearing on BCCI-Lodha Panel Logjam on December 9
Show Comments
Advertisement