As the Indian cricket board gets ready to announce the name of Rahul Dravid's successor on Tuesday, the people of India have spoken.
They want Sourav Ganguly as captain.
NDTV conducted an opinion poll of 30,000 people across Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai, and a viewers' poll on the website and through SMS.
- The ex captain got 58.7 per cent of the votes to be the captain in both forms of the game;
- MS Dhoni followed at 21 per cent
- Sachin Tendulkar, widely said to be the leading contender for the job, came last with just 20.3 per cent of the votes.
For one-dayers -
- Only Ganguly leads again with 49.3 per cent of the votes;
- Sachin follows with 27.9 per cent
- Dhoni comes in next at 22.8 per cent.
And for Tests:
- Ganguly was the clear choice again at 48.4 per cent;
- Sachin follows 30.4 per cent
- Dhoni with 21.2 per cent.