IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 2 Highlights: Play Abandoned Due To Wet Outfield, India 62/2 At Stumps
India vs Australia Test Highlights: Day 2 of the ongoing fourth Test match failed to resume after the Tea break at The Gabba, due to heavy rain. The match will resume on Day 3, at 5:00 AM IST.
Rain played spoilsport on Day 2, as the fourth Test match between Australia and India failed to resume after the Tea break, at The Gabba in Brisbane on Saturday. The final session was washed out, and India finished at 62 for two at Stumps, after the hosts were bowled out for 369 before the Lunch break. The visitors trail by 307 runs. Until Rohit Sharma's dismissal, India looked to be in control and now once again, the pressure of gaining momentum has been put on Ajinkya Rahane (2) and Cheteshwar Pujara (8). The duo are unbeaten, and will be aiming to stage a turnaround on Day 3. Nathan Lyon took the wicket of Rohit in his 100th Test match, and Pat Cummins was once again amongst the wicket-takers for Australia. The home side's bowling department will be hoping to continue with their fine form on Day 3. (SCORECARD)
4th Test, Day 2 Highlights Between Australia (AUS) vs India (IND), Straight From The Gabba, Brisbane
4th Test, Border-Gavaskar Trophy, 2020/21, Jan 15, 2021
- 12:25 (IST)Match abandoned, play to resume on Day 3Okay, folks, the outfield is too wet! Match has been abandoned, and play will resume on 5:00 AM IST on Day 3.
- 11:55 (IST)UPDATE: Next inspectionThe next inspection will be at 12:15 PM IST. The rain has stopped and the groundstaff are out trying to sort things out for play to resume!
Next inspection is scheduled for 16:45 local time (12:15PM IST)— BCCI (@BCCI) January 16, 2021
- 11:49 (IST)The umpires are out in the middleThe umpires are out in the middle of The Gabba. The groundstaff are also there, doing their work to rescue the day.
Umpires out in the middle, along with lots of super-soppers, ropes and ground staff.— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) January 16, 2021
- 11:26 (IST)In other news....In other news, Indian all-rounder Hardik Pandya's father has died. Virat Kohli took to Twitter to pass on his condolences. He tweeted:
Heartbroken to hear about the demise of Hardik and Krunal's dad. Spoke to him a couple of times, looked a joyful and full of life person. May his soul rest in peace. Stay strong you two. @hardikpandya7 @krunalpandya24— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) January 16, 2021
- 11:23 (IST)Inspection at 11:45 AM IST!Okay, so the rain has settled down. The inspection will be done at 11:45 AM IST.
The rain has settled down and an inspection will be done at 16:15 local time (11:45AM IST)— BCCI (@BCCI) January 16, 2021
The covers are off. The umpires will inspect the pitch in 25 minutes #AUSvIND— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) January 16, 2021
- 10:43 (IST)Watch: Rohit Sharma smacks a four during his knock!Rohit had a steady knock and looked settled. But once again lost his wicket cheaply, just like how his Test career has been outside India. Here is a video of him hitting a four before getting dismissed: