London: A seniors tennis tournament in New Zealand had been called off following the earthquake in Christchurch.
The International Tennis Federation says organizers of the Seniors World Individual Championships will "make every effort to ensure the safe return home for all participants."
At least 75 people were killed on Tuesday in one of New Zealand's worst natural disasters, which toppled tall buildings and crushed buses.
ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said on Wednesday, "While we are, of course, relieved that all the players, captains and officials who were in Christchurch this week are safe, we are mindful of the loss of life and the large number of injuries."
The Seniors World Team Championships in nearby Timaru and Ashburton will go ahead as scheduled.