Beijing :World number four Andy Murray said Saturday as he prepared for a run at the China Open title that he was in no rush to find a new coach, but would try to choose one before the 2011 season begins.
The 23-year-old Scot, who will be the second seed in Beijing when play gets underway in the men's main draw on Monday, sacked coach Miles Maclagan in July after a collaboration that lasted two-and-a-half years.
Murray, who is working with former French Open finalist Alex Corretja of Spain on a part-time basis, said he would keep up that arrangement in the short term.
"I said before the US Open, well, quite a few weeks before the US Open, that it's not something I want to rush into. I want to make sure I pick the right coach," Murray told reporters.
"I don't want to just go for anyone and it might be a mistake in three, four months," he said.
He added he would continue working with Corretja through year's end "and then look to appoint someone before the start of the new year -- probably in December time -- when I've got a bit of time to kind of try some coaches out.
Murray, who has been out of action since crashing out of the US Open in the third round to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka, said he needed "a little break".
The visibly tired Scot admitted he was struggling with jet lag, saying he had been "awake from like three in the morning till like five o'clock" since arriving this week in Beijing, with all his time devoted to training and sleep.
He said he hoped the China Open would help prepare him for the Shanghai Masters the following week, but that it would take a few days to get used to the conditions in Beijing, describing them as "obviously pretty windy".
World number two Novak Djokovic is the top seed in Beijing. Djokovic won the China Open title last year.