Pakistan Tennis Federation (PTF) said the International Tennis Federation (ITF) informed them of the decision. "We have been informed by the ITF that two junior-level tournaments have been cancelled due to security fears," secretary Abdul Rasheed said, adding, "some Kenyan players had reached here who will return soon."
The first event was due to start from Monday in which players from Egypt, Germany, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand were due to compete, said Rasheed.
The second event was to follow a week later. A series of suicide bombings and attacks have left more than 185 people dead in Pakistan this month, with two army officials shot dead and a twin suicide attack on a university in the federal capital in 48 hours alone.
"We received their (ITF) formal letter today which states that the organisation of these international tournaments was impossible after the attacks," Syed Dilawar Abbas, PTF president, said.
Pakistan has been a "no go" zone for international sportsmen since the March gun and grenade attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in the eastern city of Lahore. That commando-style strike left six policemen and two civilians dead and injured seven Sri Lankan squad members. Major cricket, hockey, squash and tennis events have been cancelled or relocated.
Pakistan also had to cancel its National Games due to be held in Peshawar next month, after a series of bomb blasts in the northwest capital.
Pakistan was forced to play its two Davis Cup tennis ties, against Oman and Philippines, in their rivals' countries earlier this year, after both refused to travel to the troubled country over security fears.