London: India skipper MS Dhoni has said that the recent incidents of violence and rioting in London are unfortunate but his team continues to remain focused on the third Test at Edgbaston, beginning from Wednesday.
Explaining that the entire team had been advised to stay indoors, Dhoni said he is in touch with the Board of Control for Cricket in India 'through proper channels.' "There are concerned authorities that are looking into this matter. We were outside shopping. We came back and were planning to go out for dinner but were advised by security to stay indoors," he said.
Dhoni further added that as cricketers, he and his team-mates are practicing hard to come back in the series instead of getting perturbed. "It is sad what is happening. But not much we can do as cricketers. Our job is to practice."
The wicket-keeper batman however chose not to comment on a possible pull-out due to safety concerns. "I don't want to talk about what England and Australia would have done in this situation. I don't want to create a controversy."